Model Cars Magazine Forum

Real or Model changes???

Auto ID Quiz: Yes or NO?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Auto ID Quiz: Yes or no?

• Yes, sounds liike fun
    • No, leave ROM as is

Way back when, over on that "other forum," before it all got deleted, we used to do Real or Model, and another feature called "Auto ID Quiz."

The object was very simple: Every week a photo of a car was posted, and people had to identify the car–year, make and model. You would email in your answer, not post it, and at the end of the week a list was posted of all those people who got it right.

I'm thinking of bringing the "Auto ID Quiz" back... alternating with ROM every other week; so one week ROM, the next week Auto ID Quiz, etc.

Anyone interested in this?

sure, i'll try it, sounds like fun. as long as its not just stuck on classics, i would like to see varity of world wide car selection, i mean all cars, and all years too, even brand spaking new ones thats suppoused to come out in the next 3 years, lol. also a couple of tuners, maybewink.gif ? laugh.gif lol. also, whats the email addy for this auto id quiz?

Way back when, over on that "other forum," before it all got deleted, we used to do Real or Model, and another feature called "Auto ID Quiz."

The object was very simple: Every week a photo of a car was posted, and people had to identify the car–year, make and model. You would email in your answer, not post it, and at the end of the week a list was posted of all those people who got it right.

I'm thinking of bringing the "Auto ID Quiz" back... alternating with ROM every other week; so one week ROM, the next week Auto ID Quiz, etc.

Anyone interested in this?

Great idea.

Doesn't do much for me. Whatever happened to the proposal about a tutorial section? I'd rather see that feature added.

Wouldn't tutorials go in the Tips, Tricks and Ideas section?

Maybe we should rename it "Tips, Tricks and Tutorials?"

sure, i'll try it, sounds like fun. as long as its not just stuck on classics, i would like to see varity of world wide car selection, i mean all cars, and all years too, even brand spaking new ones thats suppoused to come out in the next 3 years, lol. also a couple of tuners, maybe;) ? laugh.gif lol. also, whats the email addy for this auto id quiz?

It would be all years, all countries, not just classics. Could be any car from any year from anywhere... :)

But it would be production cars only... no race cars or concept cars, only cars that were actually built in quantity and for sale to the public.

Hey Harry,

It sounds great.

I would even enjoy just a shot of a tail light/bumper or something to that effect and have to identify the car that way.

My friend (yes, I only have one) has a game where you have to guess the car based on just a bumper shot, an engine bay, or dash or something that would identify the car other than an entire shot of the vehicle.

I say go for it. I would like the new game, along with others here on the forum. The ones that don't, don't have to play.

David

reminds me of something i've "played" on several other forums

"name that car"

the object was simple

one member would post a picture of a car, iether something obscure or something heavily modified or nything like that and then other members would post thier guesses

once a member would geuss correct it was their "turn" to post a picture

I'd go for it, I've been doing real good in "ROM"! What would be the chance of a separate "Community Build" forum as well? That "other" forum has the community builds in their own separate little home!

Edited by highway

I like the idea. My only thing is I know your busy but could you do both each week? :wub: They are both fun ideas but I don't want to loose rom either. I know it alternates but but but.. ;)

Both? No way!!! You're right, it's a matter of the time to do it, which I don't have.

But I figured I'd alternate, to change things up a bit week to week. And it would make it a lot easier for me if I only have to find a good ROM photo every other week! ;)

Hey can't blame a guy for trying ;) I love it Harry you bring good things to the forum and not only is this going to be a fun game but it will teach us and show us cars that a lot of us had no clue was around. I'm looking forward to it more for a learning experience :wub:

Edited by Railfreak78

Hey can't blame a guy for trying ;) I love it Harry you bring good things to the forum and not only is this going to be a fun game but it will teach us and show us cars that a lot of us had no clue was around. I'm looking forward to it more for a learning experience :wub:

Thanks, Brian, and yeah, I figured I'd throw in a little history when I reveal the answer. I think this will be fun.

Wouldn't tutorials go in the Tips, Tricks and Ideas section?

Maybe we should rename it "Tips, Tricks and Tutorials?"

yep, exactly, lol.

It would be all years, all countries, not just classics. Could be any car from any year from anywhere... wink.gif

But it would be production cars only... no race cars or concept cars, only cars that were actually built in quantity and for sale to the public.

and ok, cool. but i guess thats excludes any limited run cars, ect.?

Guest promodmerc

I guess that's how they do things in Crook County. Start a poll at 10:16 on Sunday morning and don't give people time to vote. Why bother with the poll?

I guess that's how they do things in Crook County. Start a poll at 10:16 on Sunday morning and don't give people time to vote. Why bother with the poll?

I posted the poll as soon as I got the idea. I know Sunday isn't a good time for a poll, lots of people don't check the site on Sunday... but the last time I checked the poll it was about 2 to 1 in favor of the ID Quiz.

I ran the ID Quiz today and we'll see what sort of response it gets. If people like it, it'll stay, and if not, I'll dump it. But let's see how this first one goes.