Model Cars Magazine Forum

Got more than $510 to blow on a kit?

Here's such a deal for ya! One day to go, 23 bids and it's only at $510.00! Mere pocket change for some...more than a week's salary for many! Yowsa! Never ceases to amaze me what some folks will pay for some processed crude oil! :blink:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380227695080&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

WOW!!!! And here I am balking at paying $125 or so for a killer Cobra Copupe kit. :blink: I guess I'm just a cheap ol SOB. I'm definitely a crusty ole fart in retirement!

the ScaleMotorsports kit is pretty nice!! it IS that one, right??

Looking at the seller's other items, this is quite a notable collection hitting on the market. Apparently a few people were actually waiting for this to happen.

I expect more collections like this to become available in the near future, since the round one collectors will start passing away.

Edited by Junkman

I noticed that deeper into the listings there was an AMT Indy car team set which has the 65 El Camino, Indy Roadster, and trailer sitting at $9.50!!! WHAAAAA!

Also humorous to note is that all kits are 60s.....even the kits from the 70s!

Lots of cool stuff listed. Wishing I was a bit less impecunious!!!

Guest Gramps-xrds

The thing I find odd about this kit is, it has the 65 chevelle in it instead of a 64. I have the 64 AWB and their a lot harder to find.

I emailed the seller to ask him if would send me a better photo of a decal sheet for the '67 Chevy tow truck because that is a kit I built as a kid and that I'm rebuilding it now and this is the reply I got back from him.

we are totally against anything reproduction as it has hurt our hobby greatly . so I would not be able to do that :blink::rolleyes:

Oh but with the photo he does have listed there, the guy that makes decals for me can work with it to make the decals for me anyways!!!

Edited by tuffone20

Sorry, tuffone20 and Terror, but I don't get your points, so could you please elaborate?

- The photo of the decal sheet in the auction is part of the auction and there to describe the article. If a decal maker can work with it, good. But the seller is not obliged to provide a better picture to someone just asking for it.

- The seller did not list the kit for 500$. Bidders bid it to this amount.

Edited by Junkman

I would be very hesitant in blaming anyone for anything. This is a rare kit in good condition and some people very obviously want to intagrate it into their collections. this is a collectable kit for collectors, period.

If you want to build a model of a '65 Chevelle on a trailer towed by a '63 Impala, there is plenty of material out there for very reasonable money and in better quality.

If I was the seller,I would just say I don't have the time to do all that stuff,its an auction.Don't give him that hurts the hobbie song and dance.Just like,its seems every seller on that site has found these in an estate sale to cover their butt if anything is wrong with the kit.Guess I'm going to the wrong estate sales.Cause I've never seen 1 kit at a sale yet,and I've been to alot of them.It's always about the money.I'll bet if you offer him $20 for a jpeg of the decals he would send ya one.