Model Cars Magazine Forum

Wish I Had 2500 Bucks...

At one point in the 70s my dad had 3 65 Imperials - a Crown like the one pictured and a Convert and a Lebaron. They were pretty nice cars but they take a lot of work to keep all the stuff in them working. I remember my dad's cars needing new rear leaf springs, exhaust sysyems(full length duals - $250.00 in '75!),trannies going out, power windows and seats being less than co-operative. They looked great, were pretty fast in a straight line despite their mass with a 325 HP 413 engines, and were very comfortable. You are probably better off not having the $2500. because that's just the down payment! B)

You don't buy a car like that for the fuel economy... :rolleyes:

And you wouldn't use it as your daily driver anyway. (At least I assume he wouldn't!) :D

I would. And I'd make all sorts of unnecessary trips, and take the longest route with the most stops possible! Heck, they used 'em as daily drivers back then... :D

Edited by Chuck Most

Oh... and with all the windows down, and the A/C just a ba-LASTIN'! (And with the parking brake partially engaged.)

And a few sandbags in the trunk for "traction?" :rolleyes:

I would. And I'd make all sorts of unnecessary trips, and take the longest route with the most stops possible! Heck, they used 'em as daily drivers back then... :D

Yeah... when it cost about 3 bucks to fill the tank... :D

What on earth is so appealing about this?

I guess you've never owned or cruised on a land yacht, have you? :rolleyes:

I don't think the styling is all that drool-worthy, but late '60s Chrysler C-bodies make great cruisers. They're still reasonably priced, parts are not too hard to find, and they're super easy to work on. Did I mention how smoothly one of these heavy cars cruises on the highway? :D

I went and checked the October '08 issue of Collectible Automobile (it has an article about the '64- '66 Imperials) and the value guide pegs this one, in the condition its in, at 7- 10 grand (and I'm being conservative interpreting the value guide). Maybe he'll take my ex- wife in trade :lol::lol::lol: .

Edited by Harold

I went and checked the October '08 issue of Collectible Automobile (it has an article about the '64- '66 Imperials) and the value guide pegs this one, in the condition its in, at 7- 10 grand (and I'm being conservative interpreting the value guide). Maybe he'll take my ex- wife in trade :lol: :lol: :lol: .

So get a loan for $2500, buy the car, resell it, pay back the loan and pocket the difference!