Model Cars Magazine Forum

1970 Sam Posey Dodge Challenger Project

Joseph

O.K. Folks,

First I want to thank all the help I've gotten in getting this project started. With so many screw-ups and mistakes, on my part, I've decided to start this thread over. The new thread includes Part 1 and Part 2. From here on out this will be the ONLY thread for this project. Thank you all for your patience and advice.

Cheers!

Joseph

Part_1_test-01.jpg

Part_1_test-02.jpg

Part_1_test-03.jpg

Part_1_test-04.jpg

Part_1_test-05.jpg

Part_1_test-06.jpg

Part_1_test-07.jpg

Part_1_test-08.jpg

perfect detailing man, i know its off now but you could have tried etching the challenger logo of the grill ?

Neal,

Thanks for the compliment! I'm not sure what you mean about the Challenger logo. It isn't needed for the grill of the Posey car I am replicating (see photos). I'll just be using some fine mesh for the grill, no logo. Were you wanting it photo-etched?

Cheers!

Joseph

What i meant was, etch the 'Challenger' logo OFF the plastic grill, ie. cut it off carefully ?

It probably wont look to good if you did that as youde have to replicate the mesh in its place..

So a personal reccomendation for that mesh if you cant find any, go buy a cheap cooking sieve with that type of square mesh on. then its easily just cut off and then ide use some wire for the edging as it looks pretty thin.

thats just what i would do, you look like your sorted anyhow :P

Truly fantastic detailing Joseph..Two thumbs up mate. :)

This will be a fantastic build when done.....I can feel it in my bones. :lol:

What a great WIP

it is very interesting each step made on the kit

all tips are now stored on my HDD

Cheers

Aldo Villegas G

Mexico City

Thanks for the encouragement fellas! Hopefully I'll have a bigger update next time.

Cheers!

Joseph

Joseph, first-off, great job with the modifications. Such a clean job, great skill. Second, I am not real technically savvy, what are program are you using to display the pictures and commentary? It is great :lol:

Thanks, Rod.

Rod,

Thanks for the kind comments! The program I'm using is called Photo Impact. It's a really easy and old program that I find takes a little less time than PhotoShop. But maybe it's just me. :lol:

I had hoped to have another update this week, but circumstances has led to a delay. Keep watching this space, there is more to come!

Cheers!

Joseph

• 4 weeks later...

Nice job man, I like all the detail going into this build !!! :(

Some great attention to detail here,well done.I bet most of us would not even notice some of the inaccuracies of the various trim pieces etc,you have a great eye for detail.

Thanks Guys!

Your kind words help me to stay inspired with this build. More to come!

Cheers!

Joseph

• 2 weeks later...