Model Cars Magazine Forum

2009 Challenger R/T

vizio93

Here is the 2009 Dodge Challenger R/T from Round 2. It's only a curbside, but its something to get me back into building ;) . I picked up some Pegasus wheels to put on it. I haven't decided on paint yet, but I'm thinkin' of either silver with black wheels and black accents or just blacking out the whole thing. Tell me wat ya think !!! :lol::huh::D

Oh yeah the pics B) :

Challenger.jpg

challengerpic.jpg

Thanx !!!

Edited by vizio93

Cool!!! zI vote on Tamiya Mettalic Blue.

im thinking of getting a set of those rims for my Torino..

I think these rims are 22"s. Try and get the 17's or 19's (if they make them) because I went to see how they were going to fit on my 70 1/2 camaro and they were HUGE !!! Since the new Challenger's are a big car anyway the 22"s fit without looking too big. Some people like that look, but I think a little smaller sized wheel would look better.

Thanks for the comment :D

I myself vote for Blue but then again I have a B5 Blue Classic edition. Here are 2 that I built using the Revell SRT* kit. One is a replica of my B5 Blue Classic and one is a Plum Crazy Classic Edition for my girlfriend. I used the Pegasus wheels as well but used the tires from the Amt 09 Challenger to have a little more sidewall to closer match the real deal. Hope you enjoy.

DSC00112.jpg

DSC00262.jpg

I myself vote for Blue but then again I have a B5 Blue Classic edition. Here are 2 that I built using the Revell SRT* kit. One is a replica of my B5 Blue Classic and one is a Plum Crazy Classic Edition for my girlfriend. I used the Pegasus wheels as well but used the tires from the Amt 09 Challenger to have a little more sidewall to closer match the real deal. Hope you enjoy.

DSC00112.jpg

DSC00262.jpg

Wow nice job on those two !!! Blue looks pretty good on the Chally's , but I'm aiming for this kind of look :

sema_dodge_challenger_black.jpg

Or kinda like this one:

silver.jpg

You did a beautiful job on the two that you built !!! B)

One of my co workers drives a metallic black Challenger. I do not know what Chrysler calls that color but that car looks great.

G

That's exactly why I wanted to build one of these, I saw a black one the other day at a Dodge/Mercedes dealership and thought it looked really tough, so when I got home I remembered that I had got the AMT one a while back and decided to build it. :D :D

Jon- All of those Chally's look wicked especially the silver one !!! Thanks for those pics man. B):D

Hopefully I can get it painted today if the weather holds up. :lol:

Ok update !!!

I painted it flat black. I'm going to put down tape for the stripe I'm putting on it. It will have a stripe like this one, but the stripe will be flat black and the rest of the car will be gloss black. : :D

2009-mr-norms-dodge-super-challenge.jpg

Mock up as flat black :

000_0005.jpg

000_0004.jpg

000_0006.jpg

I also made a Car and Driver magazine for the front seat with a Chally on the cover :

000_0008.jpg

As always tell me watcha think !!! :D :D :D

Ok update !!!

I painted it flat black. I'm going to put down tape for the stripe I'm putting on it. It will have a stripe like this one, but the stripe will be flat black and the rest of the car will be gloss black. : :D

2009-mr-norms-dodge-super-challenge.jpg

Mock up as flat black :

000_0005.jpg

000_0004.jpg

000_0006.jpg

I also made a Car and Driver magazine for the front seat with a Chally on the cover :

000_0008.jpg

As always tell me watcha think !!! :D :D :D

Cool! I would do flat black body with a gloss stripe, just my opinion. Looks sharp either way!

Cool! I would do flat black body with a gloss stripe, just my opinion. Looks sharp either way!

Thanks man, I was thinking of doing it the other way, but seeing all flat black makes it look like the Bat-mobile !!! :D :D. The gloss black will make it look a little more realistic. Thanks for the comment :D :D

Wow nice job on those two !!! Blue looks pretty good on the Chally's , but I'm aiming for this kind of look :

sema_dodge_challenger_black.jpg

Or kinda like this one:

silver.jpg

You did a beautiful job on the two that you built !!! :(

The first picture that you provided if the R/T with the lowered stance, split 5-spoke wheels and and dark color, is so hot, I can't stand it :lol: Now I have an idea for a future build. Thanks for the inspiration!

Rod

Love the idea of flat black on black. I've got a pro-touring '69 Camaro in the works that I was planning on using that scheme with.

Thanks man, I can't wait to see your Camaro !!! I have always though that that color scheme is a neat look, and now I'm finally gonna put it on a car ! :D :D

Hey Billy,

man that looks sweet! Im gonna have to get that kit now lol. I love the first pic you posted of the black one with black rims. How much detailing you gonna do on this?

Manny

Thanks Manny, I'm not gonna go to crazy on the detail of this build, but I am going to add a some small details here and there, like the magazine and maybe some other things I think about putting in it. :D

The first picture that you provided if the R/T with the lowered stance, split 5-spoke wheels and and dark color, is so hot, I can't stand it :D Now I have an idea for a future build. Thanks for the inspiration!

Rod

Yeah man I really like that one too, and I have been thinkin' of doing the red details like on that one, but I dunno. Can't wait to see what your idea sparks into !!! :D :D

what kinda paint did you use?

for my base coats, i use John Deere Muffler Black... it sprays beautifuly!

I just used a generic flat black from Lowes, I think it just said "Spray Paint" on it and its in a white can. It comes out great. I'll have to pick up some more, is John Deere Muffler Black expensive or about the same price as the cheap stuff ???

stormtroop it, flat white body with gloss black wheels, black windows and trim

I would man, but it seems every time I do a white car something just doesn't look right to me. I'm still making up my mind about what to color this mopar, so it's an idea. Thanks ;):D

Alright little update, I'm going to paint it all gloss black tonight, and then tape off a line to be painted flat black. I may or may not paint the wheels black, depends on how it looks with the gloss black.

Hopefully some pics later tonight B):D

Edited by vizio93

• 4 weeks later...

Ok well once again I changed my mind, Its all going to be gloss black with the chrome wheels (or maybe black) Paint today I promise :lol::D

***Update*** : I went to paint it today and it didn't come out to well. :lol: The hood came out like an "orange peel". I think I will sand it off and re-shoot the whole car metallic silver. :rolleyes:

Edited by vizio93

• 2 months later...

One of my co workers drives a metallic black Challenger. I do not know what Chrysler calls that color but that car looks great.

G

It's either Black Crystal Clear Coat or Crystal Black Clear Coat, my folks 2006 Town and Country is painted the same color. I've also noticed that the Testors One Coat Blazing Black Lacquer is nearly dead on for that color too :D