Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 2005 Corvette......Dial up Beware!!

MrObsessive

Allright........my first completed build of 2007! And it only took me a little more than a month to build! :mrgreen:

Here's what she looks like!

P1281026-vi.jpg

P1281007-vi.jpg

P1281008-vi.jpg

P1281009-vi.jpg

P1281011-vi.jpg

P1281012-vi.jpg

P1281013-vi.jpg

P1281024-vi.jpg

I was playing around with the lighting with a new kind of bulb. "True color" or some such thing from GE................really brings out the pearlescent nature of the Sunset Orange!

P1281023-vi.jpg

P1281019-vi.jpg

P1281020-vi.jpg

P1281022-vi.jpg

P1281021-vi.jpg

P1281025-vi.jpg

There were a few nits with the kit (which one doesn't have 'em?? :)) The windshield was a peculiar fit........it left quite a gap between the base and the cowl. I took some epoxy and "flowed" it in the gap, then painted it to tighten things up a bit.

Then there was the wheelbase issue which I corrected the best I could.

I'm also not crazy about the frosted areas for the glass. Personally, I'd rather measure these areas off myself so there is no fine "line" in case you don't get the mask exactly in place.

Later this year I may do the Z06, and I'm going to sand and polish this area out, as I think Revell made the frosted areas too thick.

Thanks for lookin' and stay tuned for the next project!

Hmmmmm, Hey Bill, I'm curious, do yu gain anything from all tha sunshine that blows by yu? I realize that I have not posted any of my 'builds' but that day is getting closer. I've always improved myself from constructive critiques from those who have observed my artworks.

I'm wondering Bill, ifn yur perhaps needing a new focal length in yur glasses, because I noticed some flash painted over. Excellent exterior paint, great job on tha "faux" top window. Had sum problems with tha front edge of tha hood too, eh?

And yu have my permission to crucify my works too Bill, is just my way Bill.

Zeb

I'm wondering Bill, ifn yur perhaps needing a new focal length in yur glasses, because I noticed some flash painted over. Zeb

:?: If you're talkin' about that air cleaner, I was tryin' to file the mold line down a bit on the perimeter of the hose. Being the camera was on a macro setting for that shot......guess it shows up a little too much! :lol:

And yes, the eyesight isn't what it used to be......:wink:

And yu have my permission to crucify my works too Bill, is just my way Bill.

No harm done as far as criticism.............I've learned though (the hard way) not to offer any unless asked for directly. (especially privately):wink:

As far as the hood, I didn't want to deal with the fussy plastic hinges as this was a (for me) "quick build"! :lol:

Well Bill, just one question. When yu bring yur buds over to see yur new ride, do all of them blow sunshine up yur shorts? When I modified my rides, yu had to interpret tha cuts to find tha praise. All of us, that are still alive are still friends. :lol:

T'was tha same way with our models, and we got better because of it. I can tell that yu understand Bill, and I only offer critiques, not criticism, for tha betterment of all. Get yu talking about yur art Bill, and folks learn something. :lol:

Zeb

Beautiful job Bill! I can't say anything bad about it.... We all have something that isn't perfect about us. Some are beginers, some can't get something straight on a kit no matter how hard they try, some can't type normal english.... You have earned the respect I'm giving you tonight! Awesome work!

P.S. What is dial up? 13.gif

• 7 months later...