Model Cars Magazine Forum

Italeri repopping older kit

thats good, im glad to see these model companies starting to listen to us clients about the trucks we wanna biuld. i only wish i could get a freightliner conventional in a 1/25 , lol or just might have to start biulding 1/24 trucks too. thanks for the info, have you heard anything on price? probly gonna be around $85 like the rest of them italeri are, lol. they purdy proud of them things.

dennis

Italeri's best US truck kit(would have prefered the "highrise" sleeper version...this one had really nice decals!) nice to see it back.

Remember paying a "hefty" $35 back in 1985 or 1986 when it first came out.

Also had the Testors boxed 80's version with Blue graphics.

Italeri's best US truck kit(would have prefered the "highrise" sleeper version...this one had really nice decals!) nice to see it back.

Remember paying a "hefty" $35 back in 1985 or 1986 when it first came out.

Also had the Testors boxed 80's version with Blue graphics.

I have that Testors kit. It has the little sleeper incorrectly used in the Pete kits. It's about time Italeri came out with a new North American subject.

• 2 weeks later...

man if i can get my hands on one of these im gonna modify the heck out of it.i saw somewhere that the price was $92 for this kit.is this true?

wow if thats true, youd be better off buying the original kit off evilbay its cheeper. usually around $60. i think im just gonna have to start messin around with these 1/24 kits.

dennis

man if i can get my hands on one of these im gonna modify the heck out of it.i saw somewhere that the price was $92 for this kit.is this true?

It could be, but I only paid $65.00 cdn for italeri's New Peterbilt at LHS so hopefully I can get the same deal.

I was hopeing for the old decals to be in this kit o'well blue stripe are OK too

Edited by Mr mopar

Norm Weeber of Re picas and Miniatures of Maryland offered some rally nice photo etched items exclusively for this kit. They were the correct 1980s Freightliner badges for the hood and grill and mud flap weights. Auslowe offered some nice slotted muffler guards that were correct for Freightliner. Many be he can reissue them.

I checked the Auslowe Web Site, but I didn't see the slotted screen. His site's still a Work In Progress, so it might show up eventually.

i talked with nigel from auslowe last weak , he said what ever you dont see on his site yet just to send a request and he will get with you asap. or if you want you can go to sourkrouts he has them , they are from auslowe.

dennis