Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell Enzo

Im not exactly a fan of Ferrari, i only really like the f430 but what is the quality of the enzo like?

If you'd like, I have the Revell Enzo. I could take some pics of it, I've never started it yet, so you can see what you would be geting.

Thanks for the info man, my lhs does delivery which is convenient, the revell one was on sale, it cost me £5 + £3 for delivery, he also has the tamiya one but for £16 + delivery and the revell sets, the enzo + f430 kit is £20 and the enzo + f430 + f50 is £23.

I should be able to detail it though, if the engine cover doesn't open on the revell kit i might open it up but dunno, il see once iv got it. I only really wanted this kit for the v12 which im not going to use in the enzo.

I have seen a number of very well built Revell Enzo models. It is a perfectly good kit, and the engine cover opens. The doors do not; but to me that is a good thing. While Tamiya's Enzo is a state-of-the-art kit in terms of build sequence much like the real car, and with the opening doors, it should be noted that it tends to only look good all opened up. The doors and engine cover really do not fit well when closed.

If Tamiya had never done their Enzo, the world would have been just fine with the Revell Enzo. It is full-detail, but designed more like a traditional kit than how Tamiya tackled theirs. The biggest issue with the Revell kit is that the front ride height needs to be lowered.

If you want a really neat kit to build, like the look all opened-up, and can afford the kit, get the Tamiya.

If you simply want a good, traditional-style Enzo that looks better than the Tamiya kit all closed up, or if you just want it for the engine, get the Revell kit. I've got examples of both kits. The most I paid for a Tamiya was about $27, the most I paid for a Revell kit was about $8.