Model Cars Magazine Forum

Poncho completed!!!!!

cruz

Hey Cruz, what do you do to make those panel lines look so good, looks like those doors open if you were to pull the door handles. I see a lot of great paint jobs but I also see that a lot of modelers miss this small detail.

Thanks Ed! I like to scribe all my lines nice and deep before painting my models. I like to use Testor's Metalizer paints to achieve this, I dab some of the paint into the scribed lines and since the Metalizers are so thin and watery, capillary action helps out a lot. I do this before and after priming. After this, I just go ahead and paint the car and that's it, the sprayed or airbrushed paint just stays away from the lines.

If it's a white or light colored car, I will dab some watered down acrylic, waterbased paint in the panel lines after painting the car, light colors are a little more difficult to work with than darker ones of course. You want to make sure to use a water based paint, I am sure you will not want to ruin an otherwise nice paint job.

PonchoProject15022-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

CompletedHurstOlds017-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

pb10-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

Thanks Ed! I like to scribe all my lines nice and deep before painting my models. I like to use Testor's Metalizer paints to achieve this, I dab some of the paint into the scribed lines and since the Metalizers are so thin and watery, capillary action helps out a lot. I do this before and after priming. After this, I just go ahead and paint the car and that's it, the sprayed or airbrushed paint just stays away from the lines.

If it's a white or light colored car, I will dab some watered down acrylic, waterbased paint in the panel lines after painting the car, light colors are a little more difficult to work with than darker ones of course. You want to make sure to use a water based paint, I am sure you will not want to ruin an otherwise nice paint job.

PonchoProject15022-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

CompletedHurstOlds017-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

pb10-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

That's a bad looking Impala, have you posted it here before? Would love to see a photo. B)

Very nice, amazing, awesome, exellent and perfect!!! That paintjob looks mirror and great detailing! I'm working the same kit, it will be Arnie Beswick's car replica. But you did very nice job all over this car!