Model Cars Magazine Forum

1955 Chevy Stepside Pickup

crazyjim

Here's some pics of '55 Chevy stepside pickup that I just completed. The paint is HOK Candy tangerine over a gold basecoat. The seats and console came out of the parts bin so I have no idea what the original donor kit was. Pegasus wheels/tires were used. I cut holes for taillight into the fenders and used clear acetate painted with Testors Taillight red with BMF on the back.

100_2028.jpg

100_2029.jpg

100_2207.jpg

100_2203.jpg

100_2205.jpg

100_2204.jpg

Nice job, Jim. Those taillights look fantasic! They're much better than the little tiny ones in the kit. Is the firewall painted a different color? It was looking like it wasn't the same color as the rest of the cab in one of the pics.

Thanks, Shane. Not like the '55 your building, but I try. Those are Pegasus wheels/tires with Pegasus disk brakes behind. I drilled out every hole in the discs. If you look close at the wheels, you'll see that I painted inside each spinner and maybe you'll see the valve stems.

I keep trying Mike. Thanks for the response.

Highway, the firewall is painted to match the frame, engine, wheel wells, interior panels, and if you look close, inside the exhaust tips. I try to coordinate colors inside and out of all my builds.

It's almost time to shut the computer down and make dinner - I'm doing chicken fahitas tonight. Have a great night everyone.

Highway, the firewall is painted to match the frame, engine, wheel wells, interior panels, and if you look close, inside the exhaust tips. I try to coordinate colors inside and out of all my builds.

Thanks, Jim, I thought maybe I was seeing things again! :D Thanks for pointing out the exhaust tips, too, I missed that when I first looked at it. That's a cool idea!

This was a nice kit to build. Everything went together easily and fit well.

I am a Vietnam Veteran and proud of it. Every one of my builds will have that plate on it. I also made some POW/MIA plates but can't figure out where/how to put both plates on every build.

Hey Bill (Duntov) WELCOME HOME!

This was a nice kit to build. Everything went together easily and fit well.

I am a Vietnam Veteran and proud of it. Every one of my builds will have that plate on it. I also made some POW/MIA plates but can't figure out where/how to put both plates on every build.

Hey Bill (Duntov) WELCOME HOME!

That's an easy one, one on the front, & the other on the rear. ;)

Not so easy since moving to Florida - we don't need a front plate (tag) down here. On my 1:1 and several friends vehicles, I've covered the factory insignia (Ford, Nissan, Chevy, etc) and covered them with vinyl sign tape in the colors of the Vietnam ribbon.