Model Cars Magazine Forum

Does anyone know of anyone who casts a Fairlane roof for a '59 Ford?

I have a real 1:1 '59 Fairlane 2 door hardtop here that I have had longer than I have had my wife - and that's awhile. :o I can find models of the Galaxie with it's Thunderbird roof line but does anyone know of anyone who casts a '59 Fairlane body with it's unique wrap around rear window. I managed to score the Fairlane glass on Ebay awhile back - now I just need a body. I see promos of the Fairlane on Ebay from time to time but knowing what those old promos are like for warpage, I am scared stiff to buy one and besides, I'd hate to buy one just to cut the roof off. I know that someone makes a resin Custom 2 door sedan but it's not a Fairlane and it's not a hardtop. Maybe some resin caster should consider casting the Fairlane roof - yeah right. Heck, if I knew how to do it, I'd try to cast one myself. Now there'd be a huge seller - again I repeat - yeah right! Good one.. har har :D.. most guys don't even realize that there were two different rooflines on the 2 door hardtops in '59. The cheaper Edsel had the same roof and again, the kit that is available is the wrong year. *sighs* Why do things have to be so complicated? *sniffles and goes off to sulk and pout in the corner* B):P:D

Guest Chris V

Modelhaus offers the 1959 Fairlane roof section as a separate item, along with a number of other parts for the original AMT kit/promos

Modelhaus offers the 1959 Fairlane roof section as a separate item, along with a number of other parts for the original AMT kit/promos

Chris is right there Gary. Modelhaus is the ONLY guy I know of that even CASTS this kinda stuff. He has quite a few roof and windsheild sections for guys who are restorers. I think he's your ONLY game for that roof! Good luck with your build!!!biggrin.gifwink.gif

:P Thanks guys! :D:D I must be having a senior's moment.. or day - or week... *sighs* I never thought to check The Modelhaus for those parts which is really scary 'cause I have a Galaxie HT that I want to redo and two convertibles. *sighs* They are a bit down on my list of priorities and I posted on impulse. That happens sometimes - having an impulse, that is. Thanks for the leads - I appreciate your response. :D:D:blink:

This is what you get with the roof from the Modelahaus on a 59 Ford.

Picture028.jpg

Picture029.jpg

:) Uh.. OK.. except there is no image to look at. Are you doing a conversion on a Galaxie? I see that the Modelhause also has this :

1959 Ford Fairlane complete interior with tub, dash, and steering wheel

and this:

1959 Ford Fairlane interior tub with seats molded in

Now, the question is - what is the difference? Does the first one have seats too and are the side panels upholstery patterns correct for a Fairlane? The seats and interior side panels are totally different between a Fairlane and a Galaxie. See? Now here is where some pictures would come in handy... :) Does anyone have any knowledge on these parts or maybe some pictures????

That's funny The photos are their when I look at it . And yes i put a resin roof on a 59 ford convert that had on windshield frame just to have something different

:lol: Uh.. OK.. except there is no image to look at. Are you doing a conversion on a Galaxie? I see that the Modelhause also has this :

1959 Ford Fairlane complete interior with tub, dash, and steering wheel

and this:

1959 Ford Fairlane interior tub with seats molded in

Now, the question is - what is the difference? Does the first one have seats too and are the side panels upholstery patterns correct for a Fairlane? The seats and interior side panels are totally different between a Fairlane and a Galaxie. See? Now here is where some pictures would come in handy... B) Does anyone have any knowledge on these parts or maybe some pictures????

That's funny The photos are their when I look at it . And yes i put a resin roof on a 59 ford convert that had on windshield frame just to have something different

The pictures are showing now - they weren't when I made the pst about them. Thank you for posting them.. I have two convertibles that are awaiting their time on the bench - maybe I'll use ond of those. They are in decent condition - kind of hate to do that to one of them - or maybe I'll just look for one with a broken w/s frame like yours had. I see that the Modelhaus carries the Fairlane interior.. and I already have the glass.. so we're almost good to go. I like your build.. nice colour. Not sure what colours I'll go.. have to think on that one. Thanks again for the pictures - they are inspiring. :D:P:)

Thanks its the second one ive done a freind bouhgt the first and I liked it so much I had to do this one.

Carl

The pictures are showing now - they weren't when I made the pst about them. Thank you for posting them.. I have two convertibles that are awaiting their time on the bench - maybe I'll use ond of those. They are in decent condition - kind of hate to do that to one of them - or maybe I'll just look for one with a broken w/s frame like yours had. I see that the Modelhaus carries the Fairlane interior.. and I already have the glass.. so we're almost good to go. I like your build.. nice colour. Not sure what colours I'll go.. have to think on that one. Thanks again for the pictures - they are inspiring. :P:D:D