Model Cars Magazine Forum

The Battered Land Rover Series III

danielpras

Hi folks,

my name is daniel.

im new in this forum, and this is my first post in the under glass thread, so here it is:

basically its from italery 1:24 scale models,

landy109ita.jpg

the basic vehicles is the long wheelbase land rover series III.

but i like the short wheelbase version a lot more than the long wheelbase, then i did some modification on the vehicles by cutting down the chassis and the body,

b126fg-1.jpg

this is how the model first looks when its done,

DSC00251_resize.jpg

but somehow i didnt like the results, so i decided to put on some touches on it..

i replace the original roofrack from the box, an makin a new one (scratch build) using plastic styrene..i also did another scratch buils stuffs such as the antenna, a little wiring, mechanic winch, lamp guards, the luggage, jerrycan, etc.

i also switch the side mirror using the defender models (swap it from the 1:24 diecast toys), and put an extra spare wheels on the roofrack (swap it from the same diecast models).

and finally i batteres the land rover using some basic paints and putty,

so here it is,

the battered land rover series III

DSC01871_resize.jpg

DSC01874_resize.jpg

DSC01875_resize.jpg

DSC01876_resize.jpg

DSC01877_resize.jpg

DSC01880_resize.jpg

DSC01884_resize.jpg

well, thanks for comin at my first post..

critics and suggestion are welcome :rolleyes:

many thanks before,

greetings from indonesia,, :D

cheers,

dpm

@sobpinstriping: thank you.. i really love to see the rover gettin dirty..thats why i did this... :lol:

looks more cute than the clear version.. :lol:

@cazxr2: thank you so much sir :lol:

@moparfan426: thanks for the support buddy..:lol:

@David G.: thank you :huh:

im planning to build a diorama for this vehicles but, i havent got the time to make it yet..

hope i can make it soon :D

@Bart R. Orlans: thanks buddy :D

@Dragline: thanks you sir.. :D

cheers,

dpm :huh:

I am really liking your weathering! I like how it still looks wet. Nice and thick looking mud as well. Thanks for the before pics of the truck. Nice to know you didn't cover up any bad body work. Looked good before. I'll be waiting to see more of your work.

Mike

I am really liking your weathering! I like how it still looks wet. Nice and thick looking mud as well. Thanks for the before pics of the truck. Nice to know you didn't cover up any bad body work. Looked good before. I'll be waiting to see more of your work.

Mike

hi, thank you.. :D

at first i want to stay clean n shinny, but at the end i feel like that i should put the weathering effects on it..

so i just do it.. ;)

sometimes, i missing how the truck looks clean just like at the first look..but at the other side i really love this truck lookin dirty.. :D

cheers,

dpm

This is fantastic! One of my favorite trucks on the forum now. I use my Bronco I own now and the trucks I have owned in the past for this very thing. Playing in the MUD! My Bronco is not working right now and actually took my Toyota Camry muddin this last weekend. Great weathering and detail. It looks real! Great body work making it shorter too.

This is fantastic! One of my favorite trucks on the forum now. I use my Bronco I own now and the trucks I have owned in the past for this very thing. Playing in the MUD! My Bronco is not working right now and actually took my Toyota Camry muddin this last weekend. Great weathering and detail. It looks real! Great body work making it shorter too.

hi..thank you so much.,,

about the bronco, thats a great truck you got there..any pics of it? :D

well about the weathering, i get inspired by the journey that i had with my dad a couple months a go..

we drove our old land rover series III into a light offroad track..since then, i realize the short one is maneuver better on the track than the long one..

heres a pics of our truck..

DSC09402_resize.jpg

looks similiar, with a lil' different rite? :lol:

cheers,

dpm

Edited by danielpras