Model Cars Magazine Forum

55 ford panel

randx0

Hello Randy

I have one of these and plan on doing the same thing with the chop top.

And other changes.Looks good for a start.

Earl Miller

I started with one of these but ended up with three or four . watch out for the windshield area and the doors especially the area directly behind the door. I had thought I had a good plan when I started but this thing really took me to the wood shed. Thanks

Lovin it!!!

Are you gonna pie cut the hood and / or move the front wheelwells forward?

The front wheel wells would look nicer moved up but I reckon they are going to stay where they are.The hood will be left off I am thinking the engine out of the lil coffin kit.

Randy you're work looks fine . The problem arises with the fact that when Monogram tooled that body back in the 70's they made the top flat . See, I own a 53, similar to a 55.

http://i618.photobucket.com/albums/tt266/scrubba/Mabelleneatbackdoor.jpg

Ed Shaver

Wow i didnt know the top was that rounded! i love the two tone white and black color scheme!!! XD lol jk jk

thats actualy a real nice 53' how good is the body?

Randy,

That chop and section looks great to me, with the exception of the windshield. It looks too small. Think about raising the top of the windshield to match the height of the top of the side windows. That's what I did to my Monogram 55 Ford pickup and it made a lot of difference. If you'd like to see a photo of it first, PM me and I'll show you. Great job though so far and that must have been quite a chore.

Later-

Randy,

That chop and section looks great to me, with the exception of the windshield. It looks too small. Think about raising the top of the windshield to match the height of the top of the side windows. That's what I did to my Monogram 55 Ford pickup and it made a lot of difference. If you'd like to see a photo of it first, PM me and I'll show you. Great job though so far and that must have been quite a chore.

Later-

Thanks Tom,I have had enough of that windshield it is the very reason I needed two other kits. ;);) now I am just going to concentrate on making this look good as is.I do agree that the windsheild is a little short and funny lookin I will just have to make a sows ear out of it. ;) go ahead and post your truck here so someone else attempting a similar project can see the difference.