Model Cars Magazine Forum

Anybody make a ...

Does anybody make a 51 Ford truck either plastic or resin ? I found a 50 but it's all wrong. Too big of a truck compared to a 51 so I can't convert that one.

Uh.... other than the dash and front end sheetmetal, and a few other minor trim pieces, a '51/'52 Ford truck is the same thing to a '48-'50. Kitchen Table resins does a '51/'52 dash and grille for the Monogram and Revell '50 kit.

I may go ahead and pick one up. It's only 16.19 from Hobby Linc anyways. I see it has stock wheels and caps. I was hoping for a six cylinder, but I think I say one on that resin site that might work. I'll have to go back and look at them too.

If it will help, compare this 1950...

FORD1950F1PICKUP01-vi.jpg

To this 1951...

FORD1950PICKUP-vi.jpg

Under the outer sheetmetal, both trucks are essentially the same. The '51 has a wider grill, it's fenders shaped for that larger opening. That would explain perhaps why they look different.

I have a few pics if they help. The pics are titled alphabetically, note the model year listed... http://public.fotki.com/JCole/11_fomoco/11-ford-trucks-post-war/

I'm actually working on this conversion now, converting the Monogram '50 to a '52 using the Ken Kitchen grill/dash. Be aware its not an easy conversion...the whole front end has to be cut away and rebuilt with styrene, and the hood is quite different too....not the shape, but the trim. Actually, there's difference between a '51 and a '52 hood. I'll be glad to send you pictures of the process, but due to other things, its going to be awhile before I finish it.