Model Cars Magazine Forum

Outdoor(s) pictures J&J Aluminum Dynahauler Trailer

9/6/2010

Guy's....

Well....After sometime away from building, and with October the 9th (NNL Toledo) right around the corner...I picked up from where I left off earlier in the year....a few days just spent fabricating

I ditched the side to side tarp with bows, and went with the traditional tarper to represent the Coal Hauler that is used around the area...Just need to complete the tarp motor housing...the trailer has been in primer for a period of time now....some fine tuning body work has been completed, and off to the paint booth for the gloss black base coat...and 3 bottles of Alclad polished aluminum awaiting. Getting back to building has tough, since I have been in a major "slump" hopefully the "juices" start flowing again...Kurt McLucas

LINK to my FOTKI account with additional pictures

http://public.fotki.com/turbo590/jj-dynahauleraf-alu/

DSC06175.jpg

DSC06176.jpg

DSC06177.jpg

DSC06189.jpg

DSC06193.jpg

Edited by Turbo590

Hello Kurt

That trailer is looking awsome. I will get to see it in person at the Fulton show, lucky me.

Best regards Daniel Gailloux

Daniel,

Yes, "she'll" be completed prior to Fulton..making arrangements with Gary to attend once again this year. I look forward to seeing you.

Kurt

Very nice!

How did you get the chrome like finish on the wheels may I ask? Looks superb.

Thank you to everyone for the great feedback.

The Dump box is finally in full primer with sealer. The gloss black base coat will be applied yet this week, and then the "Alclad" flies...

The trailer frame and the wheels are all done in Alclad polished aluminum, as will be the dump body...and then some blue accent stripes and decals.

Its been a fun build, with its share of challenges.

It will make its first debut at the upcoming NNL/Toledo in Ohio (October 13th)

Kurt

Thank you to everyone for the great feedback.

The Dump box is finally in full primer with sealer. The gloss black base coat will be applied yet this week, and then the "Alclad" flies...

The trailer frame and the wheels are all done in Alclad polished aluminum, as will be the dump body...and then some blue accent stripes and decals.

Its been a fun build, with its share of challenges.

It will make its first debut at the upcoming NNL/Toledo in Ohio (October 13th)

Kurt

Yes, "she'll" be completed prior to Fulton..making arrangements with Gary to attend once again this year. I look forward to seeing you.

You're going to be doing some traveling!

Edited by chuckyr

• 2 weeks later...

9/25/2010

After spending time at a friends paint shop (booth) last week...the trailer is in Alclad polished aluminum, (biggest piece I have done to date), and trust me the flaws show...decals and stripping were completed last night on on side. Wheels were added to "mock-up" for some pictures.

With this progress, the trailer should be completed by the end of next week...hopefully

Kurt

DSC06220.jpg

DSC06229.jpg

DSC06250.jpg

9/25/2010

After spending time at a friends paint shop (booth) last week...the trailer is in Alclad polished aluminum, (biggest piece I have done to date), and trust me the flaws show...decals and stripping were completed last night on on side. Wheels were added to "mock-up" for some pictures.

With this progress, the trailer should be completed by the end of next week...hopefully

Kurt

DSC06220.jpg

DSC06229.jpg

DSC06250.jpg

Hey Kurt, what is the length of that trailer? (in real life)

9/28/2010

Guy's

I'm calling this one 99.5% complete...other than some fine tuning (Tailgate) and adding the tarp material..and some decals....tie up some plumbing....its DONE!!

The body does raise/lower...full hydraulics, tailgate function(s) toolbox opens to display items...Just need to get it outside now for some pictures...

Kurt

DSC06268.jpg

DSC06271.jpg

DSC06278.jpg

DSC06294.jpg

DSC06301.jpg

DSC06304.jpg

DSC06309.jpg