Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell ford lightning

cazxr2

Hi all I'm away to get this kit started. It's the revell ford lightning pick up, I got this kit a while ago,. It's for a Xmas present for my father in law. He is a huge motorbike fan.(Suzuki gsxR) as he used to ride one few years back. He has a fair few diecast bikes in all sizes. So I came up with an idea of putting a gsxR on the back of a pick up that way he could have that on his shelf too. Here's what I'm hoping it will look like(obviously not the same truck) his second name is jefcoate

a9e805b1.jpg

I got diymirage to make the custom decals (Thank you very much) be also sent me an email to print off to see if the decals were the right size before he sent them

a6272627.jpg

this is them just mocked up. Looks better than I could have imagined. I got the kit opened today

6122c7b7.jpg

the parts are now primed and drying. Has anybody built this kit?? Is there amy flaws I should know about? And if u have built 1 feel free to post a pic up. That's all for just now. Thanks for looking craig :blink:

Edited by cazxr2

Got some work started on the engine today. Also got another proklject on the go a mini.(top secret tho) it's for our work compitition. Anyway got the block and a few other bits done

6120c82b.jpg

538f96de.jpg

acac664a.jpg

I know the fan is meant to be black. Just thought I'd add a bit of colour. Should hopfully get the engine finished by the weekend. Will get more pics up then. :mellow:

Hi all got a wee bit more done on this project. Had a bit of trouble with the bodykit. :rolleyes: was alot of cutting and fileing to get it to fit. Also got the dash done and got the interior started, flocked the floor. Anyway here's the pic. Hope u like. Ps so far this is a real good challenging kit. And it's making me stop and use my head a few times.

ad383ed3.jpg

515f22c2.jpg

f030ee68.jpg

be54a69d.jpg

9241337f.jpg

aca15a97.jpg

Edited by cazxr2

ZSSViperRam028.jpg

Dave

NOS on a supercharged engine? The word BOOM comes to mind and the sight of pistons flying through the hood and peeping holes in your block are invisioned. Yha thats a bad mix :blink: .

Back on subject this should be a nice build bro i'm gonna watch this one :wacko: Who knows i might go pick up one of these kits as soon as i see how yours turns out :o

Got most of the frame done. Exaust on, drive shaft on here's a couple of mock ups not sure which wheels to

go for.

9ba5d2e9.jpg

these ones are pinched from the amt fast and furious mustang from Tokyo drift

f3045b18.jpg

this is to show ground clearance (not much at all)

d163ed1c.jpg

and with the bike on the back.

2fe0d606.jpg

just a wee pic of the frame

a85fd495.jpg

and with standard wheels. Was thinking if I use these ones I will paint the inner wheel blue with the outer chrome?!

Any advice or opions more than welcome as I can't decide??? :)

Edited by cazxr2

Body now has "lick of paint now" lol always wanted to say that. Just waiting for it too fully dry before addding the decals and clear. Painted the standard wheels black?? Unsure

6b91549d.jpg

Also tried with the chrome wheels. Still unsure?? Need to make my mind up soon lol.

441127d2.jpg

Will be detailing under the hood soon and then decals. Whoop whoop then windows and lights. I can almost see the Finish line. :D

Very nicely done I really enjoyed watchin this grow keep up the good work and keep it comming! B)

Romell it's guys like u that inspire me to better myself with each build. Ur kind words are like all the inspiration I need to try new levels of building thtnks again friend!! :lol:

Ur such a good assit to the moddling world not only do u build some of the most amazing rides, but u also offer so much more. Ur always there if anybody is in need of help and u always have great things to say to the other modelers

Edited by cazxr2

That's it all wraped up lol Xmas prezzie wraped up. Haha anyway had alot of fun with this build. Thanks for watching and comments special thanks to diymirage for the decals they are sweet!!! Anyway here's the pics

b1294568.jpg

8ba4a8e5.jpg

384f5c0d.jpg

fecf317f.jpg

b075cba7.jpg

c1e569c3.jpg

Edited by cazxr2