Model Cars Magazine Forum

GMC General (AMT)

Hello everyone.

Found a few months ago on Ebay this model GMC General.

The model had been started (bad job) and in poor condition, after a laborious disassembly and cleaning, I began a reconstruction model.

For the moment the result is quite correct, I just finished painting the body with my airbrush ....... I still have work to finish the model.

img_3010.jpg

img_3011.jpg

img_3012.jpg

img_3519.jpg

img_3520.jpg

img_3521.jpg

WOW!!! You have done a fantastic job on this kit. I always marvel at someone that has the ability to take a pile of junk, take it all apart and put it back together the way it should have been built in the first place. You have a lot of skill and patience to be able to do what you do. Love the work, great job!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Looking really nice. I'm really loving the paint job.

If you want to use the log trailer, you really should add abot 2ft to the rear of the frame.

And why is that??? I live in the South ours don't look that way. At one time the Phone company used something like a poll trailer,you know I haven't see those in some time as well.

Something about allowing the trailer to turn properly. At least that's what people who know a heck of a lot more about logging trailers that I do told me. Maybe it's just a Pacific Northwest thing. The log trucks around here don't use trailers.