Model Cars Magazine Forum

Mk1 scirocco

FAgri

did the window frames, and heres a mock up with the creamy wheels

DSC01657b.jpg

also started on the interior

porsche tombstone seats up front

DSC01662b.jpg

the teledials looked a little too big so......

quick mock up of the new rims, its aoshima BBS RS with stretch tyres

DSC01719.jpg

DSC01721.jpg

Yea! A 'Rocco! I had a 1:1 Mk2. Loved it - beautiful car.

AMT made a kit that is still affordable on eBay.

The phone dial wheels were very nice - I would try them in a gun metal or bronze color. I wanted to replace the BMW bottle cap rims I had on my 'Rocco with phone dials but the adapters cost more than the wheels I found.

I have to agree with a previous poster - you can't go wrong with BBS wheels on a 'Dub.

• 2 weeks later...

decided to change the color of the interior after the teledials did'nt work out.

tried to do a bit of a textured leather and alcantara look. didn't come out completely the way i wanted to but im not in the mood for changing it again, i have already lost interest in this build. the parts is just horrible when it comes to fitting. maybe its just my kit.

not complete yet but heres a little teaser pic of the interior

DSC01795.jpg

OOooh! A Rocco! :) Sorry you've lost interest in it. B) I've been lookin' for this kit for awhile now. You are doin' a great job on it. Don't give up! I really have to say that the BBS Wheels look stunning on this! The Rocco, Jettas, and Wabbits (hehe :) ) are the best VW's put out that were Water Cooled. I can't wait to see more on this build. If it's getting frustrating jus' put it down, walk away, and come back when you are calmer. :blink:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

started on the engine, trashed the 8v its a 16v now, and because its an old school car i decided to dump the injection and go with a set of weber sidedrafts.

still lots of work to be done still so dont flame me yet for the ###### work. also lots of scratch build stuff here. the oil cap is machined alloy.

DSC01834.jpg

DSC01835.jpg

• 1 month later...