Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Cobra 427

Sport Suburban

I finished this one up recently. It is the Revell 427 Cobra built right out of the box. I used Tamiya spray paint on this one. I built two of these way back when they first came out and have not built one since then. It's funny because I had six unbuilt in my stash untill I did this one. Still a great kit to build.

66cobrac02.jpg

66cobrac04.jpg

66cobrac05.jpg

66cobrac07.jpg

The tires came in the kit and the kit did have decals for the blue line. That is not what I did thou. I used a blue gel pen in the grove that the tires have. I will say that some kit's had the tires with the lettering and the grove and others don't and have the same tires with blank sidewalls.

Very nice work! Which Revell kit did you use? I have been wanting to pick one up but the two I have found have the smaller race windshield that only covers the area infront of the driver.

Both of these kit's have the windshield I used. The windshield is not pictured on the box it does have them.

66Cobra427SCb.jpg

66Cobra427SCa.jpg

As a side note. I also have the Revell USRRC 427 Cobra with figure's kit # 85-4149 and Monogram Essex Wire 427 Cobra # 2944. Both of those kit's have the chrome windshield frame but not the glass.