Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

1972 Oldsmobile Vista Cruiser Wagon

am73grand

Charlie,

Thanks for the Invite! I have to be in work for 7 am. The MassCar meetings run a little late for me....Plus I am an hour away. I went to one meeting and had fun (I am a MASSCAR member) just too far and too late for me to get into work the next day.

At some point I will build another one of these. It will be the shorter regular wagon though. This project really pushed the limits of my abilities as it is...lol.

An F-85/Cutlass wagon would be VERY cool! Talk about never-seen!

I understand about the hours. They do have the 2nd Saturday meeting, too at 1:00, if that works for you a little better. Worst case, just make it when you can, either way, please bring this to the show, and make sure you get yourself introduced to me.

Charlie Larkin

• 1 year later...

I love the color , super sharp. I spent many a Friday nights cruising is a sleeper like this. At the time we thought it was a punishment when all the other kids were driving F-bodys. Now you would be hailed as a hero for having such a classic.

Edited by Old Buckaroo

It is looking very very nice, and I don't want to come off sounding like I'm picking on the work, but the interior front door panels are from a two door, and the Vista Cruiser had the shorter four door front doors. From the body exterior that area looks right, but the interior panels for the front doors are too long.

As I mentioned earlier in the thread, I owned and restored one. I almost did the same paint scheme (in blue/white) when I repainted it, but decided to go with the wood paneling again.

All in all, it's still the best Vista Cruiser model I've seen done.