Model Cars Magazine Forum

I started this rebuild from a box of W925 parts, Alaskan Hauler parts and pieces given to me by Denny Henderson of Texas. This was from Denny's teenage collection from the 70's.

I went for a west-coast maybe Alaskan/Canadian oil patch tractor with a drom deck. I didn't use any parts from fresh kits. Everything is from the parts box except the decals (from the AMT flatbed reissue).

THE PARTS

KenworthPartsBox.jpg

THE CONCEPT

KenworthPartsGluedup102310.jpg

THE PRIMER

KenworthPartsBoxprimedred102310.jpg

THE PROGRESS

KWW925redrebuildbodyNov610.jpg

THE FINISHED KW

KWW925redrebuildtrlrNov610.jpg

KWW925redrebuildaboveNov610.jpg

A few other rebuilders in progress.

Rebuildersprog110110.jpg

More pics on my site atTimsTrucks.com

Thanks for looking!

Tim

Justin,

The background in these photos is my backyard. The road surface is a piece of 3/8ths plywood painted to look like a roadway. To make the model look more in scale with the sky, I bring the camera down so that the lens is at the same height as if I were in 1/25th scale.

Here's an example (attached pics).

Pic one - the scene - a building for a background. I'm about 100 feet from the building.

Pic two - the photos - the model appears in scale with the building.

Pic three - I'm about 300 feet from the building.

Pic four - 359 is about 200 feet from the building. It looks in scale (it is - it's real) by me being farther away it puts the model in scale with the building when I have the camera lens up close to the model.

Part of the fun of building is setting up the scene to take the photo.

Tim

Ive been wondering about the pics on your website, how do you do the backgrounds for all your pictures? They are amazing!

post-4-063316300 1289263188_thumb.jpg

post-4-003295700 1289263207_thumb.jpg

post-4-027276300 1289263828_thumb.jpg

post-4-082638200 1289263841_thumb.jpg

WOW Tim! you never cease to impress! My parents built a Transtar and Fruehauf trailer for my Grand Dad, when it first came out when he drove for a company called Select Foods, they used to haul to the old S&W cafeterias here on the east coast. (get back on track here) It got pretty bad messed up while on display, when the cleaning lady and her feather duster came in. He gave me the honor of repairing it some years later. Will try & find some pics.

Dennis,

I used two frames - the forward half from this parts box and the rear of a frame I had in my parts box.

The frames in the parts box were either badly twisted or broke in several places. The result? A longg frame.

KenworthPartsidea102310.jpg

Tim

sweeeeeeeet save tim!! did you extend that frame?

dennis