Model Cars Magazine Forum

The REAL Wild Child 65 Ford Falcon FX is for sale!

The front axle was twisted. These photos were taken during the restoration process.

The axle was bent from all the wheelie stands so it was pulled and sent out and straightened.

I'm currently building 2 Identical Falcons along with the trailer and the 66 Ford F-100 that pulled The Wild Child For Joe Germann.

I have close to 500 photos of the car and I am building these as detailed replicas of the 1:1 car. When complete I will have over 2000 hours in the project. I've seen the Wild Child up close and in person. You just have no Idea of the power of a SOHC motor until you hear it run. Did you see the pictures showing the 3 1/2 inch collectors coming off the headers? That is sweet

Everyone I sent Joe an email and asked him point blank

At 07:22 PM 11/17/2010, you wrote:

Hi Joe are you really selling Her?

Ernie

Here is his reply

No, not really. Joe Bortz who has a huge collection
posted that. I set a huge reserve so it would not sell. I really have no interest in selling the car but I let Joe toss it out there to test the market.

Joe

I see that there was a request to see this Model King Falcon kit built. A number of years ago I built that kit. 5192331294_46a6cba675.jpg

I made a few modifications to the kit. I opened and hinged the doors, added the safety net to the driver window and completely modified the engine intake system. 5191734925_48bb7424ea.jpg

5192330944_4d7502c08c.jpg

I did some research on the computer and found a number of photos of the car. 5191734339_342fa40b8b.jpg

The kit supplied the fuel injection stacks for the engine only, if I remember correctly. 5191734487_fb7ec7d12b.jpg

I preferred the dual carburetors with the dual plenums and the long intake hoses. I scratch built the plenums and the hose. 5192330816_e95a72722c.jpg Two other points…..at the time I did this car, I ran out of the photo-etched hood pin rings so I painted the rings on with the intention of dropping the photo-etched ones on when I got more…I got more, but just haven’t gotten around to doing it. Also, the dashboard supplied with the kit is wrong in front of the driver. I knew it was wrong, but didn’t bother to correct it as the interior is black and it is dark in there….and, this was never a “highly detailed†build for me, so I just didn’t want to invest the time in that modification.

The body was painted Viper Red and the top was painted appliance white. The decals came from the kit as did the wheels and tires….again, if my memory serves me. The carwas top coated with Future once it was decaled and dry. 5192330298_89284d037e.jpg

Most likely, I would never have posted these pictures….but since there was a general request…here they are.