Model Cars Magazine Forum

message from gator...

I would like to thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers during this very difficult time. I have been reading all the many posts on the different forums and message boards concerning Jerry and they mean more to me than any of you could possibly know. Jerry touched many people during his lifetime. I know he would be amazed at the many posts that have been made in the last few days. He never would have dreamed that he was an inspiration to so many. In my case I would probably never have built models or gone to the races if not for him. He got me started building models at a young age and taught me the right way to go about it. He was always willing to take the time to help anyone who asked and would do anything he could for anyone. He always took me along to the dirt tracks when I was younger and was a big inspiration to me when I was growing up. We had the typical "big" brother, "little" brother relationship and we loved each other very much. As I sit here it's hard to type this through the tears and like everyone else, I'm going to miss him very much.

609999-vi.jpg

Gator,

We all miss him already. Deepest, most hearfelt sympathies and condolences to you and your family. Thanks so very much for sharing your brother with us! My prayers and those of many, many others are with you during this difficult time.

On another note, please allow me echo the suggestion that Jerry's track diorama/photo backdrop be donated or loaned to the International Model Car Builder's Museum so that it can be displayed and honored as a permanent tribute to Jerry's very inspiring talent.

Godspeed and God Bless, Jackie!

I am still very saddened by the news of Jerry/Luke57's passing, and I am so sorry for the loss to you and your family. I have told Jerry in the past, and I will say it again, that his model photography was the best out there. NOBODY took a more realistic picture than Luke. While we never talked or met in person, I very much enjoyed his writings and photos on the message boards. I will miss him.

Gator,

We all miss him already. Deepest, most hearfelt sympathies and condolences to you and your family. Thanks so very much for sharing your brother with us! My prayers and those of many, many others are with you during this difficult time.

On another note, please allow me echo the suggestion that Jerry's track diorama/photo backdrop be donated or loaned to the International Model Car Builder's Museum so that it can be displayed and honored as a permanent tribute to Jerry's very inspiring talent.

Amen to all the above.

G

Gator,

I cannot speak better than this..............