Model Cars Magazine Forum

Moebius Lonestar 1st test shot

Ok guys, Here it is the first test shot of our new Lonestar kit. The one shot shows all the test shots as they arrived from the factory - several of each tree bundled in its own bag - there is another shot showing all the parts for a complete kit.

These shots are the first one that I've stuck together over the last couple days... It's still missing some small detail parts.... I'll finish it up sometime in the next day or two, I'm sure....

Right now I need to write up a list of fixes for the factory - mostly stuff like missing locator pins and tabs - a few sink marks - almost no fit issues!

This first one went together pretty well... I'm pretty satisfied with it...

I hope that we can get everything adjusted on the next test shot and on to production somewhere close to our scheduled dates!

Dave

http://dmetzner.smugmug.com/Trucks/Lonestar-1st-Test-Shot/14912935_EL8S9

Dave,

thanks you for shearing this with us.

The kit is looking Great, I hope that more new Moebius truck kits will follow.

Also I hope that there will be a distributor for Greece.

Greetings from Athens,

Kostas.

For anyone who doesn't know yet.. this is a 1/25 scale injection molded plastic kit.

It will be available thru all the major hobby distributors to hobby retailers throughout the United States and most of the rest of the world...

For those who've asked where to get one - go to your favorite hobby retailer and ask them to put one on order for you...

The schedule for this model today is for shipment from the factory around the end of January that should put kits in country around the end of February and kits on store shelves in early March.

This assumes that everything will go according to plan (this is NOT guaranteed!) It's my job to keep it on schedule!

Once more please forgive me if I do not respond to personal conversations - I simply do not have time to answer individual conversations

Dave

Edited by Dave Metzner

I dint think any trailer kit is good enough for this truck lol :)

There isn't! That's why a lot of us are hoping and praying that this kit will sell very well in hopes that Moebius will consider a modern trailer kit of the same level of detail!!!!

For anyone who doesn't know yet.. this is a 1/25 scale injection molded plastic kit.

It will be available thru all the major hobby distributors to hobby retailers throughout the United States and most of the rest of the world...

For those who've asked where to get one - go to your favorite hobby retailer and ask them to put one on order for you...

The schedule for this model today is for shipment from the factory around the end of January that should put kits in country around the end of February and kits on store shelves in early March.

This assumes that everything will go according to plan (this is NOT guaranteed!) It's my job to keep it on schedule!

Once more please forgive me if I do not respond to personal conversations - I simply do not have time to answer individual conversations

Dave

Dave,

Back in the halcyon days of model truck kits, Ertl sold their International Harvester model truck kits through International Harvester truck dealerships and their John Deere models kits through John Deere dealerships. Will Moebius adopt the same approach with this and possibly future International kits?

Okay.. I opened the box after my workbench was cleared of a recent project.

Mind you, this is a test shot. Just parts. No decals, instructions etc..

The kit looks fantastic! Clean, crisp, free of flash or gobs.

As for making it into a daycab, my first thoughts are to separate the sleeper from the cab at the panel seam at the rear of the door, then make a new backwall and cab corners. The roof would need to be fabricated also, then cut the interior floor for the daycab, cut a piece of clear for the rear window and rework the rear cab mounts. Not a lot of work for an enterprising pattern maker and resin caster to cast a daycab for this.

I'm taking photos now for an upcoming Trucker's Corner column.

Tim

WRONG!

The Revell of Germany Beall tanker would go perfectly!

lonestar_classic_blackbridge_tanker.jpg

CHARLES!!!!! SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! We have no trailers worthy enough for this spectacular kit!!!!!!! If only someone would be so kind as to make an all new reefer, van, flatbed, cattle or other type of trailer, it would be soooooo cool!!!!!!!

CHARLES!!!!! SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! We have no trailers worthy enough for this spectacular kit!!!!!!! If only someone would be so kind as to make an all new reefer, van, flatbed, cattle or other type of trailer, it would be soooooo cool!!!!!!!

53' Flatbed with the option to "drop deck" it AAAAND....a set of 19.5 wheels/tires to fit! DONE!:huh::D......... don't forget the spread axle option and 48" toolboxes.

Hey Dave, when you have time, would it be possible to get some up close shots of the wheels? They look great, I was just hoping to see all the detail. Also, are the center hubs of the rear wheels separate from the wheel itself?

Thanks!!!!!! :D

Engine is a MaxxForce 15..(as far as I know all IH OTR heavy trucks will have IH power from now on)

Early production LoneStars had 15L Cummins power Now only available with MaxxForce power.

Center hub of rear wheels is part of the outer wheel

ProStar is a very close relative of LoneStar would make good sense for us.... let me get this one done before we get to serious about the next one!

I'll try to add some close-ups of wheels and some interior shots in the next couple days

I have a second one part way along now -going to use it for instruction sheet illustrations - need to start painting parts in the next day or two..

I'll try to shoot the interior before then..

Dave

looking at the test shots, this will be one AWESOME truck model, the detail on the air ride suspension is good and

the wheels rims look good,along with the tires. Is there a sun visor? opening the doors might be abit tricky. Looks like I have to buy 3 of them.

• 2 weeks later...

Impressive. An all new OTR tractor has been desperately needed for a while now. Even if you don't dig the Lonestar's styling, this new rig is a treasure trove of modern truck parts.

Anybody got a closeup of the driver's door?

I think Tim does on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/user/Mackinac359#p/u/12/32-JaQrOlEk

Is this the box.

Edited by truckboy1