Model Cars Magazine Forum

A rough year

A tough year here too. Chronic health issues I have were getting worse. Then the Sears man came to estimate a new heater. He coughed on me, then apologized saying it was "viral" and not to worry, despite his being ill for 6 months, he was on the mend and not contagious anymore. A few days later I became ill and I am still battling it 9 months later. Needless to say I did not buy a heater from him.

I wonder if the "product protection plan" will cover such unintended consequences? B)

Seriously, I hope you feel better soon.

Charlie Larkin

I have read through each of these posts and it seems we are ALL in the same boat.

I have been blessed with my job of 23 years and a loving wife, but it has been a little rough.

But 2010 has come full circle and is about to close out.

It has come to an end with my daughter and five grand children coming home to Mom and Dad.

A better Christmas present is NOT out there any where.

We are a family.

Merry Christmas to all and prayers for a better 2011.

I have to say after reading all of these I realize that a lot of people had a really hard time this past year. I on other hand have felt that while this year has been tight it was no where near a hardship. I maintained similar pay to last years maybe a few hundred more. My wife have come closer to paying off both her car and our credit card, and we have been considering doing a medium size home improvement project. At work we had our best month ever in March, with sales and service being the highest ever. We hired a third technician, so we improve the life of someone who had been out of work for over year. I feel for everyone who has had it rough and thought maybe we needed to see that some parts of our economy is slowing coming back to life to give those who are down some hope.

Edited by 89cxsport

I've been poor my whole life, so the economy has no effect on me.But all in all it was no worse than any other year under this roof.I feel bad for the folks who are out of work tho.All I can say is ,It's gotta get better now.I build jet fuel nozzles so as long as people keep flying I'll be busy.

I wonder if the "product protection plan" will cover such unintended consequences? ;)

Seriously, I hope you feel better soon.

Charlie Larkin

Thanks Charlie. Been doing allright this week. I seriously thought of registering a complaint with Sears, but didnt. Priorities prevailed, such a building models! I am grateful for what I do have, especially considering the unemployment a lot of persons are faced with.

Mr G, I understand your pain.... although...

Some doctor on tv this morning said the way to find inner peace is to finish all the things you started.

So I looked around my house to see things I'd started but hadn't finished, and before leaving for work, I finished off a bottle of Merlot, a bottle of Chardonay, a bodle of Bailey's, a budle of wum, a peck of prungles, the mainder ov a bodle ov prozic n valiuminum skripshunz, the ress ov the cheescke an a box ov chokletz.

Yu haf no idr how bludy fablus I feel rit e now!

Pleze tell em yu larv em an ineedawee an wishem a cherry mismass!!

James...zzzzzzzzzzzzzz!! ;)

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just got back home my wife was admitted to the ICU with breathing problems again. they have told us her lungs are getting weaker and they have done all they can.now with treatment she might have a year. we have been married 38 years she loved old trucks and built several models over the years, so all i ask is keep her in your prayers.her name Is Cindy sperber, thanks to all of you.

Life may be getting better! I just got a call from a cabinet shop that I have been trying to get hired at and I start tomorrow. Its less than I was making before but it is steady work and its a job I have fun doing!!!!!!

I hope everyone else's luck turns around.

p.s. I'm not trying to brag I'm just super duper excited.

just got back home my wife was admitted to the ICU with breathing problems again. they have told us her lungs are getting weaker and they have done all they can.now with treatment she might have a year. we have been married 38 years she loved old trucks and built several models over the years, so all i ask is keep her in your prayers.her name Is Cindy sperber, thanks to all of you.

Good luck with your wife man. I know how tough it can be when your wife is ill. 1,750 days in the hospital in the last 16 years has taught me that! Cherish every day!

Terry

this year has been rough. 2010 will definitely be a year i will not forget. im going to have to pull a rabbit out of a hat this month to pay the bills :(

hopfully next year will turn around for all of us thats had it rough(crossing fingers) plus tax time is coming up, that wont make all the stress go away but it will help some i hope :)

now back to model building :D

Even with all my training in the automotive world they still are not hiring me. I have a bill coming in a few months from now and no one will cut me a break and let me be a lube tech. This damned economy is never gonna be repaired. The president is too busy fixing the health care then doing what needs to be done and thats make new jobs.

Thanks for the humor. You could say I needed it, along with others here. For me, it startd around the middle of the year when, while on a great vacation in New Jersey (Harvey Ceders), I lost my $700+ glasses in the surf, within the first hour of getting there. Then we had multiple visits to Florida to see my father in law while he was struggling with Cancer. Funny thing is both my wife and I both got stuck over night in Atlanta on different trips to different locations in different months. My father in law eventually passed and shortly after I was struck with Bells Palsey. Then to top it off, I get a 30 day notice on 11-16. As of yet, I still haven't found out the status of my job situation that I should have been fired from on 12-16 for essentially no reason. There really is not a lot of hiring going on around Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years. I am waiting for things to get better and hope to see a start in 2011.

Mike

today Cindy had a very bad breathing attack. the doctor said it is just a matter of time ,tonight she is stable and comfortable. she is facing the probability of death a lot better than i am.

today Cindy had a very bad breathing attack. the doctor said it is just a matter of time ,tonight she is stable and comfortable. she is facing the probability of death a lot better than i am.

Mate , i'm so saddend to hear this , i really don't know what to say other than to say i WILL think of you and your family .