Model Cars Magazine Forum

34 ford roadster (maybe) update 2/18

customsrus

I started this a couple years ago then put it away because I did not like the way it was turning out.My goal was to build a 34 roadster of the not so distant future, the plan was for it to have an electric motor, joystick drive, hubless wheels. basicly a complete electric car.it would have a complete carbon fiber body (decals of coarse). I used the body from the 34, ford front end from the alumna coupe, and the windshield frame from the smoothster, and this is what I ended up with. Now should I continue with this or start over?

IMG_0375-vi.jpgIMG_0376-vi.jpg

IMG_0377-vi.jpg

Edited by customsrus

• 1 month later...

I finally got to do a little work to this model.I did make some changes to the body, I shorten the length, cut out the rear wheel openings, still debating on the wheel position either tuck in as the pictures show or partially exposed.Also I put a side cove into the body (hard to tell in the pictures but they are there). Now do I want to use the hubless wheel design or do I want to use some wheels? Enjoy pictures.

IMG_0395-vi.jpg

IMG_0399-vi.jpg

IMG_0400-vi.jpg

Now with the hubless wheels

IMG_0405-vi.jpg

IMG_0406-vi.jpg

IMG_0407-vi.jpg

Edited by customsrus

VERY SMOOOOOTH! Love the style. The body styling is awesome and the stance is perfect!

Personally I would use a slightly narrower front wheel and tire and some form of futuristic looking wheels (your choice). To me, the hubless wheels look like you just didn't finish the model.

Just my opinion.

Tony

Wow! That looks good. I hope you consider moving those rear meats outward a bit... wide track = stability & handling. I dig hubless wheels, but I read that they are not practical, and are prone to maintenance issues. But- it's a model, so pick the style that floats your boat! <_<

Thanks guys for the comments.

GTMust I am looking for some narrower front wheels, but I am still leaning toward the hubless wheels, here is a picture of a t-bird I did awhile back, everyone seem to like the look of the wheels.

IMG_0214-vi.jpg

John Cole the wheels will be sticking out about 50%,gotta have the stability u know

And to crazyjim the wire wheels are pegasus the rear ones are inserted into sleeves.

Hate to be a pain, John, but could you explain doing the sleeves? Please. B)

I've seen the sleeves online. I think there's a couple of sizes. I was going to order a set but have no idea what to do with them when I got them.

Here ya go. First get the wheels and sleeves (your choice) both are pegasus products, others will work also.

IMG_0409-vi.jpg

Then insert wheel into sleeve, you may have to do a little sanding to make them fit (more work).

IMG_0412-vi.jpg

And wahla 2 different size wheels.

IMG_0414-vi.jpg

Hope this helps.

Edited by customsrus

Did alittle more work to the body. I changed the side coves, added the side vents from a C5 corvette and added the headrest area also taken the corvette. Modified a dash out of a 53 ford to fit. changed the dash to look like the headrest area. I dont know if I like the Alumna grille so I thought maybe I would make a new one and put the headlights behind the grille.Also made the taillight areawith tubing. Any Ideas or imput would be appreciated. Thanks for looking.

IMG_0420-vi.jpgIMG_0426-vi.jpg

IMG_0425-vi.jpgIMG_0421-vi.jpg