Model Cars Magazine Forum

1966 Chevrolet Impala SS 396

DRG

I started working on this one about a week ago.

Got the engine done, might wire it if I get the dist. this week.

Painted the body Marina Blue. The interior is Marina Blue and Dark blue.

Comments are welcome.

1966ImpalaSS306Painted001.jpg

1966ChevroletSS3962003.jpg

1966ChevroletSS3962001.jpg

1966ChevroletSS3962002.jpg

Comments pro or con are welcome.

Thank you for looking.

I think you should put a satin clear coat on the chassis . Looks a little too shiny. The choice of interior color is very bizarre but looks good. And the wood wheel looks very good from what i can tell. But other than that its looking great. Very clean. You will wetsand the color coats?

Jeff

Are you going to build this one factory stock? If you are, satin coat to chassis would be good choice, as Jeff said. And maaybe I should paint that front axle system by black, but some silver parts there too, of course. And if you are going to satin coat that chassis, then the frame would look good if you would paint it gloss black. Those parts are then looking like two parts, which are just bolted on, not like molded one piece, as it looks right now. Gas tank also is better if you paint it gloss black and those gas tank mounts/pins whatever by silver...

There's some constructive critic, now lets move on to positive feedback. Body color looks very good, that blue fits just fine to '66 Impala. Engine in the background looks very good, and that wiring would look very cool and when engine is well detailed, hole model looks better, when the hood is opened. Your build looks very good so far all the way, thank you for sharing this one, can't wait to see it finished. B)