Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/8 outlaw 10.5 '82 camaro

comp1839

As so many before me, I just can't find words to describe this build.

I feel that there is no field that has been left out, to go wild on detailing.

Only thing that comes to mind is : take my hat off (if I was wearing one) and make a deep bow.

Incredible craftsmanship. Hope that I ever can obtain this level.

Interceptor a.k.a. Mark

Dave you out did yourself with this build. It is Gorgeouls and the Detail is amazing. Many people have already said alot of what I would. You are another one of the master builders here in my opinion. I look forward to what you have in store for us next. I know it will be good.

• 2 weeks later...

Dave I cant wait to see you tackle this one I know Mike Hill and have seen this beast make some 3 sec 1/8 mile passes a few times since he got it. If this is anything like the one you just finished I think I'll have to find some of my kids old baby bibs....I'm gonna need them... :D

I bet the NHRA museum would love to display some of your MOTOR ART WORK in their case with all the models

All I can find for tires and wheels on the TDR site is tires with flames and no modern wheels plus you just can beat the look of metal

Maybe someday I can find someone that does aluminum that would be the ticket

I am really looking forward to the rest of this build it inspires me to watch all you high detail builders I am more of a body man but I am fascinated by your work.

DAVE your work on those engine is TOP NOTCH, I was talking to MIke @ the race he put on @ Carolina Dragway, and he said that 833 cubes was a baby... lol... but that thing is flying and looks awesome. I took some pics of the car that day if you need any for reference when you get started just let me know be glad to share them with you, keep doing what you do pal...

thanks a bunch guys. if anything i do inspires or gets you to try and work at a higher level......well, it don't get no better than that. i'm certainly glad to help.

i am working with TDR to build this body. it's a lot of work and i appreciate all of TDR's efforts. if it all works out. you all will benefit from a really accurate '69 camaro pro mod body being available in multiple scales.

joe, jim is the "zz top lookin' character.

tyrone, i will probably take you up on you're offer. you can NEVER have too many reference photos. mike's 833 is at least a minimum of 30 cubes smaller than the big guns he's up against. to me, that says ALOT!

If that is the case, I will be in for purchasing some of the different large scales and maybe even a Monster 1/8th to try and push myself that extra bit since I have never done anything over 1/10 scale.

bart, welcome to the world of large scale.

LOL... Thanks Dave! If you get a chance jump on over to the "Drag Racing Model" forum and take a peak at my 1/16" pro mod thread. I would love to get some of your "Big Scale" experienced feedback! One of the things I thrive on is things I should do differently to improve on my skills.

Thanks again!

• 6 months later...