Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/8 outlaw 10.5 '82 camaro

comp1839

Bang up job Dave but Ive come to exspect nothing less outta you. You have been a big inspiration to me thx for sharing your art with us. :lol:

My sentiments too Dave. I feel you have influenced a great many of us here.....specially myself and Romell. :rolleyes:

comp1839,

i finally got a chance to finish the paint on the camaro. i made some decals up on my cheapo printer, let them dry for a full day and cleared the car. i used a 2 part clear coat in a spray can. yes, 2 parts, one spray can. you must bust open what ever is in the can to activate the clear. once you activate it the can says you have a 48 hr. potlife. at about 23 bucks a can(w/ shipping) it may not be something you'd want to do smaller models. i used the entire can in 3 coats. so, you big scale guys might want to try it.

Dave, can you shed some light on the brand of the clear top coat..? It sounds very interesting, and I for one, would like to give it a shot.....:lol:

(ps; LOVE the DSE decal design.....nice work. :lol:)

Awesome, thanks Dave. :D

Just reading the blurb on their site, this product shows lots of promise, and we've witnessed the results first hand with your work, excellent. :)

Edit...

page bookmarked too. :)

Edited by stump

Dude all I can say is after building that you drink whatever you want out of what ever color glass you want and I'll deall with any na sayers,This just blows my mind.Three thumbs up and then some

Darn....we need some of those "worshipy" smilies...........................:rolleyes::unsure::)B)

TOO KOOL for words Dave, but FANtastic springs to mind....

I think this is what Greg meant.

4_17_10.gif we're not worthy :blink:

Edited by Aftashox

• 2 weeks later...

Dave you have an awesome job here... and would like your assistance.. can you tell me what the travel is suppose to be on the rear end? I am trying to figure out that the distance is suppose to be from the rear axle housing and the tube chassis for the lower arms that run up and over the rear end.

Any assistance you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Really looking for the 1:1 measurements and then I can scale down to 1:16.

Thanks,

:blink: I love how you always end a great post Dave...

"hope you enjoy"
You know we do, right. ?? :huh: Looking so superb as always mate. Love the floor pan. (love the whole lot, hey, and as Tyrone pointed out, looks very realistic) B)