Model Cars Magazine Forum

Mark Gustavson/Model car Museum

Is Mark a member here? I have half a dozen or so vintage kit boxes I would like to donate to his museum, but I, due to no employment cant cover shipping, nor do I know where to send them anyway. Can anyone help?

That's why I was wondering if Mark is a member here. I dont see a link to finding members. If he is here, I can contact him personaly. If anyone is interested in helping me make the donation by covering shipping, please pm me.

Mark has a computer programming conflict that currently prevents him from posting here; he reads from time to time but cannot post. As I understand it, the problem is being worked on.

The museum is a worthy cause and any kits or boxes donated will be put to good use; if rare or otherwise not already part of an historical collection, items can be included in the fund-raising auction at GSL which benefits the museum by producing revenues which pay or offset operating costs of the museum.

The museum is located in Salt Lake City, UT. Have you obtained an estimate of shipping costs? That would help in evaluating how to accomplish the donation.

:)

Mark has a computer programming conflict that currently prevents him from posting here; he reads from time to time but cannot post. As I understand it, the problem is being worked on.

You would think an attorney could afford to upgrade from his current steam-powered computer! :)

The museum is a worthy cause and any kits or boxes donated will be put to good use; if rare or otherwise not already part of an historical collection, items can be included in the fund-raising auction at GSL which benefits the museum by producing revenues which pay or offset operating costs of the museum.

What Danno said. I have an article on the museum submitted to Model Cars WHQ though I don't know if the pictures are high enough quality to be used, but rest assured, the museum is terrific and well worth a trip if you are anywhere nearby. All serious model car builders should visit this place during their life. It will blow you away.....TIM

I enjoy going to this every time at the GSL. Even if you do not get to the GSL show this is a must stop see place if you are in this hobbie. The stuff you see there you may never thought of or seen in your life and all work the guys put into this. It's more of are place of Hall Of Fame type of model cars and people.

Also I do not think people that never have been there understand Mark and them put a lot of there own hard work and money into this and making it was it is for every one. They give way more back tot he hobbie then what they ever take.