Model Cars Magazine Forum

Barrett-Jackson: Lying stupidity you can't believe

You won't believe this one. I promise you, you won't believe it.

I just registered at the Barrett-Jackson website with the following original comment:

"I think Barrett-Jackson and SPEEDTV do themselves a disservice by concentrating so heavily on American muscle during primetime hours.

There are so many other interesting cars, which have been beautifully displayed on the Russo and Steele telecasts – classic sports cars, vintage stunners, etc.

To me, this means that B-J doesn't even come close to the giants of the business – Gooding, Coy's, Sotheby's, Bonham's, etc. B-J needs to step up to the plate and showcase the great cars of history."

THEN, the website automatically edited my post to say the following and delete any reference to Russo and Steele:

"I think Barrett-Jackson and SPEEDTV do themselves a disservice by concentrating so heavily on American muscle during primetime hours.

There are so many other interesting cars, which have been beautifully displayed on the that lesser auction company telecasts – classic sports cars, vintage stunners, etc.

To me, this means that Barrett-Jackson doesn't even come close to the giants of the business – Gooding, Coy's, Sotheby's, Bonham's, etc. Barrett-Jackson needs to step up to the plate and showcase the great cars of history."

I added the following response:

"Are you people TOTAL IDIOTS???? I never said "lesser auction company telecast???" I said "Russo and Steele!!" you people are morons!!!"

As you can imagine, even this response changed "Russo and Steele" to "the lesser auction company."

I have no respect at all left for the morons at B-J.

You won't believe this one. I promise you, you won't believe it.

I just registered at the Barrett-Jackson website with the following original comment:

There are so many other interesting cars, which have been beautifully displayed on the Russo and Steele telecasts – classic sports cars, vintage stunners, etc.

To me, this means that B-J doesn't even come close to the giants of the business – Gooding, Coy's, Sotheby's, Bonham's, etc. B-J needs to step up to the plate and showcase the great cars of history."

THEN, the website automatically edited my post to say the following and delete any reference to Russo and Steele:

There are so many other interesting cars, which have been beautifully displayed on the that lesser auction company telecasts – classic sports cars, vintage stunners, etc.

To me, this means that Barrett-Jackson doesn't even come close to the giants of the business – Gooding, Coy's, Sotheby's, Bonham's, etc. Barrett-Jackson needs to step up to the plate and showcase the great cars of history."

I added the following response:

"Are you people TOTAL IDIOTS???? I never said "lesser auction company telecast???" I said "Russo and Steele!!" you people are morons!!!"

As you can imagine, even this response changed "Russo and Steele" to "the lesser auction company."

I have no respect at all left for the morons at B-J.

If you think they would allow negative comments on their dime Skip...you sir are not as sharp as you seem. C'mon 40 years in business...longer than most businesses

They found a niche where they fit the customers needs.....

If you think they would allow negative comments on their dime Skip...you sir are not as sharp as you seem. C'mon 40 years in business...longer than most businesses

They found a niche where they fit the customers needs.....

In all my years on the Internet, I've never seen this kind of junk (euphemism for any variety of unpleasant, censorable words) for a supposedly reputable company.

I made the same post at the website for the Antique Automobile Club of America, and the moderator just pulled the thread and said it was slanderous. Well, all I can say is that someone who modifies my post to say something I never said is a slanderer.

I made the same post at the website for the Antique Automobile Club of America, and the moderator just pulled the thread and said it was slanderous. Well, all I can say is that someone who modifies my post to say something I never said is a slanderer.

Or a censor! :blink:

The thing that cracks me up about BJ (Hmmm! what other act has those initials?) is the annual appearance of Carroll Shelby being propped up on stage! :o Barrett was known as a hustler years before the auctions started. I remember his full page ads in Hemmings back in the 70s. It is all a big circus and most serious car enthusiasts stay away.

sjordan2, I don't know why you would send them an e-mail like that in the first place. What did you think they would do? And why should they care what somebody with such a negative attitude thinks anyway?

If I were the moderator I would've just deleted your post and moved on.

Since you seem to be such a negative guy and a Barrett-Jackson hater my advice to you is to simply NOT WATCH.

Barrett Jackson is so successful with American muscle because this is America. This is the product that the fans and participants want. I see more cars actually sold here than all the other auto auctions combined. You may not agree, but isn't that what America stands for?

B-J is more an American car auction than anything else. It always has been and always will be. Honestly I don't care what their website did. Most websites won't even let you mention competitors the fact that all they did was edit your post and not delete it at all is amazing to me. They didn't edit out anything bad you said about them and left what you said up for discussion. To me that is well within their rights and makes me respect them more.

Also the B-J auction sells more cars in a week than all the ones you listed in an entire year so you can't really compare them on how big they are just on what they specialize in. I have been to two B-J auctions and 90+% of the cars are American because people auctioning their American cars wait as sell it there. Go to any other Auction and you will only see about 50% American and most of those don't sell or sell to go to B-J. Take it for what it is and watch or don't.