Model Cars Magazine Forum

Need your opinion on my "Sport Truck"

Ron W.

First off, I'd like to see you try some new pics with the macro function and a tripod or some other way of steadying the camera.

I'd also like to see you put the brush paints away and spray paint everything you can. Brush paints should be for touch ups and detailing only, in my opinion. Spray paint gives everything a cleaner look, no brush strokes visible. Lastly the tires are too thin, so much so as to look unrealistic.

The two tone is very nice. The color combo works. I'm not a pink kinda guy, but I still like this. I think once you can ditch the brush paints, your work will take a huge leap in quality. Keep it up.

First off, I'd like to see you try some new pics with the macro function and a tripod or some other way of steadying the camera.

I'd also like to see you put the brush paints away and spray paint everything you can. Brush paints should be for touch ups and detailing only, in my opinion. Spray paint gives everything a cleaner look, no brush strokes visible. Lastly the tires are too thin, so much so as to look unrealistic.

The two tone is very nice. The color combo works. I'm not a pink kinda guy, but I still like this. I think once you can ditch the brush paints, your work will take a huge leap in quality. Keep it up.

I can say good points.

outside of that (I didn't notice any Brushpaint issues but My eyes aint as young as they use

to be ;) and I do use Brushes a lot when I paint :rolleyes: )

I think it looks perty good and I like the wheels on it too...

Where are the wheels from??

Nice color combo..

Not a color combo I would choose but they do go together. Hard to tell how well the paint came out as the pictures are blurry but from what I can see the exterior paint looks okay. The underhood detailing isn't bad, could be a little neater but again, kinda fuzzy pictures. The wheels don't look like they would on a 1:1, maybe it is me but they look like they could be up against the axles. I think if the truck was lowered they might be better suited to it.

Just my observations but don't take it as harsh criticism. Everybody has different tastes and skills so keep on building to your liking and have fun.

I can say good points.

outside of that (I didn't notice any Brushpaint issues but My eyes aint as young as they use

to be ;) and I do use Brushes a lot when I paint :D )

I think it looks perty good and I like the wheels on it too...

Where are the wheels from??

Nice color combo..

Ron - I agree with Rodney. I also use brushes allot mainly for detailing engines and interior detailing. I like the color combo you did on this truck. It looks really good. The only thing that I would done different would of been the firewall. Instead of brush painting the whole thing, I would of used Bare Metal or spray painted the silver on and then detail the rest with a brush.

But all-in-all it's a really cool looking truck. :)

Ron, the sport truck looks cool. You gotta build em' to please yourself. If you try to please everybody, your never gonna be happy. :blink:

and another thing, is this forum big enough for 2 guys named Ron Wood? or are you stealing my identity? or am I stealing yours? or ahh whats going on here. :rolleyes::lol:

Take care my "Brother" ???

Ron

im surprised no one mentioned the front of the truck.. i think that front bar thing (i cant think of the word) looks rediculous... but im not into the whole snowplow truck look.

other than that..color combo isnt what i'd do, but it looks good for what it is. and i thought the paint looks fine, other than the white interior part looks kind of bland.

good job

Edited by allecb

im surprised no one mentioned the front of the truck

Spoilers.

It comes with 2 front spoilers so you can choose between the 2.

Or it doubles as a Plow truck in the winter? :D

Well, when in Doubt :D

Harry, Harry, Harry.

Your such a Positive role model :huh:

:lol:

Edited by Zukiholic

• 2 weeks later...

I dig it! I think you nailed the overall look. I have a friend who has a lowered Chevy S10 in a very similar color pink.....or maybe it's sorta raspberry. Some of these other guys here might not be up to speed, but pinks, purples, and pastels are very much in-style in the low rider truck scene.

Mike

The color is subjective and completely up to the builder. If you like pink, paint your model pink. I don't mind advice on building techniques. Critique on color choices, or wheels, that's not really what I would be looking for as I know what I like. Some aspects of design, such as balance and composition, are objective, though, and I would concur that the tires appear too thin. As for the pictures themselves, it looks like a depth of field issue, not necessarily macro (macro has a very limited depth of field). If your camera as any adjustments, select a small aperture (higher f number) and use a tripod or table top. A smaller aperture/ greater depth of field will put more of the picture in focus - a greater depth. Also, watch where you are focussing, some areas in the center of the photo are not in focus but adjacent areas are.

Overall, I like the look of the build. I like two tone paint. It also looks like you set up a nice spot for the photos - better than some dark photos with keyboards and things in the background, of which I too am guilty.

Thanks for posting!! I find each build I do gets better than the last, so keep building and posting!