Model Cars Magazine Forum

"Black Dog" Cadillac STS-V

Steve H.

Spent my money, took my car, started telling her friends she wants to be a star.

Lyrics from Black Dog, Led Zeppelin, Untitled album, 1971.

(But I just noticed on TV that Cadillac isn't using Zep songs for the CTS ads :? )

Here's my 2 week build (unprecedented for me! :shock: ) of the "Uptown" Caddy STS-V, which is also my first completion of '07. Just a simple box stock except for wheels and tires, which are some obscure chinese manufacturer. Paint is Tamiya Black mettalic over flat black, same on the wheel spokes but not cleared.

1-vi.jpg

Marker lights are BMF with Clear orange and red acrylic. Custom license plate...

2-vi.jpg

Here's the car with all the bling turned on...

3-vi.jpg

Not even space for an overnight bag...

4-vi.jpg

I went G.I. Joe on the interior... NATO Black leather and Jet Exhaust trim...

5-vi.jpg

Not much to say about the 3 pc engine compartment...

6-vi.jpg

Enjoy... Comments always welcome!

Well being a Led head I have to give you the thumbs up! Very nice work, love all the details :shock:

BTW they used to use "Rock and Roll" in their ads... I guess their rights to use the song is up :?

Page is pretty strict about people using their work, which is cool with me because he is God!

Well being a Led head I have to give you the thumbs up! Very nice work, love all the details :shock:

BTW they used to use "Rock and Roll" in their ads... I guess their rights to use the song is up :?

Page is pretty strict about people using their work, which is cool with me because he is God!

Apparently when enough money was waved in his face he lowered his standards.

Beautifully simple, stunning build. Some times a simple project like this is good for the soul. I really like the black wheels...works very well. I bought one weeks ago, I think I will follow your lead and not get crazy with it, also, you were smart to drop the wheels that come with the kit, as they appear way too large. Nice job.

Beautifully simple, stunning build. Some times a simple project like this is good for the soul. I really like the black wheels...works very well. I bought one weeks ago, I think I will follow your lead and not get crazy with it, also, you were smart to drop the wheels that come with the kit, as they appear way too large. Nice job.

Thanks! I was trying for the "performance luxury sedan" look. The kit wheels would look good (and appropriate size) on a Conestoga wagon!

Ahhh.... LIKE A GOD Tommy! I am a Led Head too but Mr Page is earth bound like the rest of us mortals.

ZOSO is my fav.. by the way.

Followed by #III.

No way! LZ II is their best one. (And the first album I ever bought, BTW! And I still have it!) 8)

Apparently when enough money was waved in his face he lowered his standards.

Yeah he lowered his standards enough, and then the GM BeanCounters and Marketing decided that it wasn't putting Cadillac in the right direction :roll: After that, they were going to go after the Younger Hipper Crowd with actors in their Earlier 40's-mid 30's, before they decided to go with a Generic Classic Rock Soundtrack again :?