Model Cars Magazine Forum

The junk yard 'dog'.

GTMust

My 1925 Model T Ford junk yard 'dog' is finally finished and ready to get to work in the yard. For those that haven't been following the WIP thread, the concept is a junk yard 1925 Model T Ford that has found new life as a junk yard mule in the late '40's and early '50's. "Drove hard and put away wet", it's covered in mud, but still serviceable around the yard. The reliable old 4 banger starts every day with a crank on the starting handle and the battery is only for starting cars out in the yard. I could go on all day, but you get the picture....

Here's how it looks at the end of a hard day's work, before being put away for the night. (I know the background is a little too clean, but I haven't built the junkyard dio yet.)

dogfin1.jpg

dogfin2.jpg

dogfin3.jpg

dogfin4.jpg

dogfin5.jpg

dogfin6.jpg

Hope you like it.

Tony, dump the hoist and it'll be a REALLY cool Doodle bug! My cousins up north used to make them out of old car frames to go rideing on the Sleeping Bear sand dunes in Hart. To be honest with ya, it LOOKS good, but in reality, COULD it tow something? It really looks TOO lightweight to be able to move junked cars or trucks. But it DOES LOOK good!:P:)

Thanks for the comments George.

Probably couldn't tow a full size fifties or even forties car! The yard has another later model heavy duty wrecker for that... but that's another project for the dio.

This one only gets used to lift stuff, like an engine out of a junker, carry tires and other junk aound the yard, or push something out of the way, etc.

At least that's what the junk yard owner told me......?

Tony