Model Cars Magazine Forum

Wow! A thousand bucks!

Another guy saying last time offered ,lol. Old Corgi stuff is expensive but I don't think that will sell.

You are absolutely right. There are too may people out there being rather removed from reality when it comes to values. Or they have the optimism of the man thinking his wife gave up smoking cigarettes, when he starts finding cigar butts around the house.

There is a value, and there is a sale price. The value is for the insurance company. The sale price is the final bid on Ebay on an auction which started at 1 Dollar with no reserve.

I was watching this one just to see how high it would sell for as I was quite certain it would be way above my means.... After 32 bids it went for $999.00!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160545730453&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Oddly enough - just last week I was thinking what kits I would buy if I had won the lottery. My response was ALL the Aurora drag car kits. ALL of them - regardless of cost.

Then - to help all of us - I would then pay to have new tooling made and make the entire line to share with EVERYONE!

I wonder what that would cost?

Oddly enough - just last week I was thinking what kits I would buy if I had won the lottery. My response was ALL the Aurora drag car kits. ALL of them - regardless of cost.

Then - to help all of us - I would then pay to have new tooling made and make the entire line to share with EVERYONE!

I wonder what that would cost?

You go Tim, my kind of thinking.:D:)B):P;)

The guy with the Batmobile Corgi is off his rocker! The 1/8 Porsche is in the ballpark. They go for $300-500 over here. I wish I still had mine!

The Pop Art Mini auction you linked us to earlier is the rarest Corgi supposedly. It was never cataloged and some have actually sold for $2000.+ at auction. I don't think it is as rare as some say. I have had one that I got when I was 12-13 years old but it isn't mint and there is no box for it. I won't sell it anyway.

The Pop Art Mini auction you linked us to earlier is the rarest Corgi supposedly. It was never cataloged and some have actually sold for $2000.+ at auction. I don't think it is as rare as some say. I have had one that I got when I was 12-13 years old but it isn't mint and there is no box for it. I won't sell it anyway.

That's quite interesting, since they were never sold officially. Only a pre-series leaked out via Corgi employees, so it would be nice to learn how you got yours. Any pics?

That's quite interesting, since they were never sold officially. Only a pre-series leaked out via Corgi employees, so it would be nice to learn how you got yours. Any pics?

Au contraire. They were sold in stores! How do you think a young guy like me with absolutely no connections to anything cool would get one? It wasn't cataloged meaning it was not in their printed catalogs. I actually got mine during a family vacation to Canada in a department store.

I don't feel that $1000.00 is a lot for something you really want. I have a few models I've paid close to two grand for ,and my wife was standing right

next to me when I bought them. My emphasis added- CHL

Wow! Not only an understanding wife, but all I can say is...

duplicate her for the rest of us!

Charlie Larkin

I'm guilty of obeying that impulse. I swore I would never drop big coin on a model kit. Silly... No need to.

Then I spotted this for sale a few years ago:

OriginalHUG-vi.jpg

Being a Mopar owner & enthusiast as a modeler I had to have it. My "Holy Grail" if you will. Cost?

Does it really matter?

Au contraire. They were sold in stores! How do you think a young guy like me with absolutely no connections to anything cool would get one? It wasn't cataloged meaning it was not in their printed catalogs. I actually got mine during a family vacation to Canada in a department store.

Au contraire indeed. It was planned, but never released. Which means, it was in the catalog, but not a single example ever hit the shelves of the retail market.

Au contraire indeed. It was planned, but never released. Which means, it was in the catalog, but not a single example ever hit the shelves of the retail market.

Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Please re-read what I wrote. It was not in the published catalogs but was sold normally through normal distribution channels. How else does a 12 year old kid get one from a department store in Canada? Sheesh. :D:D