Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/16 yellow inline 6

guys; just finished this one up; unlike the detroit in my longhorn truck; I set out on this one to make it castable from the get go....took alot of work with my gimpy hands (hand now)...this is the 1st test shot I threw together for pix...I will be using this engine in my current 1/16 Pete 353 log train project....Matt

Edited by monkeyclaw

guys; just finished this one up; unlike the detroit in my longhorn truck; I set out on this one to make it castable from the get go....took alot of work with my gimpy hands (hand now)...this is the 1st test shot I threw together for pix...I will be using this engine in my current 1/16 Pete 353 log train project....Matt

Hello Matt

That is a nice diesel engine.

Too big for me tough I am in 1/25 scale.

You will put into good use.

Best regards Daniel Gailloux

Rick; it took me a while to get back at it....I finally have something to share. Been working on detailing out the new "inline 6" for my current Pete 353 project in 1/16....coming along nicely; being so big lends itself to plenty of extra details....Just finished casting up the tires for this project as well; for the flotation fronts I used the Can-do as a pattern; and for the rears I used the old Paystar rears for a pattern.... this truck is going to be pulling a log train.......matt

Hey Matt!new here but have seen a lot about your work on older posts. nice to see you back! I have checked out your site and was wondering if you were doing any casting? I remember reading that you had an extended hood for the 1/16 Peterbilt and after seeing the new engine you were working on I thought I would check with you. If so do you have any other parts available or planned. Thanks in advance for your time.

• 1 month later...

Matt,

Thats a great looking engine. This gives truck builders an interesting alternative to the 3408 for the 1/16 scale. I have some engine builds planned for the future in 1/16 but not for a while. I have to finish a couple of truck builds and then have a couple of British engines to do for Howard at KFS. How did you get on with the extended hood for the 359?

Best Regards

Dave