Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT truck releases in limbo?

There's people out there that, if you gave them a bar of gold, they would complain that it's too shiny!!!! BOO HOO! If they don't like a part in the kit, DON'T BUY IT!!!!!!! Stay in your corner and whine and the rest of us will enjoy not having to pay 150.00 for an old kit!

I'd complain the gold bar I was given wasn't big (ie- valuable) enough! :D

But yeah... I'd rather pay $35 (aboot the average take rate for a modern AMT semi tractor/heavy truck reissue) than ten times (or more) that amount for an earlier reissue with a nasty box and unusable decals.

wheels schmeels. if they keep repopping them i'll keep buying them. the repop of the amt dryvan is the same trailer as the watkins reefer minus the reefer unit and decals.but if you go to gmscustoms.com they have the thermoking units.

wheels schmeels. if they keep repopping them i'll keep buying them. the repop of the amt dryvan is the same trailer as the watkins reefer minus the reefer unit and decals.but if you go to gmscustoms.com they have the thermoking units.

gmscustoms huh ill check that out! :rolleyes:

Thanks for the reefer unit info Anthony. Besides the reefer unit itself, you also have the fuel tank and the control boxes that are different between the Fruehauf Dry van and the FrueHauf/Watkind Reefer trailer. I am using the new release of the dry van to restore the reefer unit I found. Dad drove/pulled a refridgerated unit almost identical to this trailer back in 1976-77, so I have a personal attachment to this trailer!

Guest Johnny

I'll wait and hope they repop the reefer trailer before I give that much for a resin reefer unit!

Johnny, I am talking with one of my fellow model club members who is teaching me to resin cast. I have an original reefer unit. Maybe I can clean it up and cast a few copies.

im definatly interested maybe he might be able to give some of us modelers a tip or two???

:):lol::D

and i wouldnt mind getting my hands on one of those reefers??? ;)

Edited by bandit1