Model Cars Magazine Forum

oshkosh t1500 ARFF fire rescue 1/12 model vs r/c

Well..hadn't checked on this for awhile! I think it looks even cooler as a 6 x just amazing work Joebiggrin.gif have you visited the scalefirehouse site? never mind..I see you havetongue.gif

Edited by bsoder

about 40 inch long x 10 inch wide, about 30 pounds , thank you

Thanks Joe. The pictures are great, but I really think the scope of this project is missed until a few will see it in person and in operation. I laid out two yard sticks and that sucker is huge!!! This isn't a complaint. I just think until you truely see the footprint this thing has... it incredible!!!

Thanks Joe. The pictures are great, but I really think the scope of this project is missed until a few will see it in person and in operation. I laid out two yard sticks and that sucker is huge!!! This isn't a complaint. I just think until you truely see the footprint this thing has... it incredible!!!

i know what you mean, pictures really doesnt tell the tale

i cant wait to get the electronics in it. its taking longer then i thought

the boom im still not sure whether to go plactic vs metal and hydralics vs electric

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

alright , greg finished the installation of the sound and light kit

i fixed the probelm with the tires wanting to buckle. there perfect now

i changed the steering knuckles to alum and i put alum stiffner on the 2nd axle

from what i can tell chassis is all good , wahoo!

the tank box is done and painted, water tank is in stalled with electronics and pumer is working.

the truck and electronics run on a 11.1 lipo . had to order a new charger. as soon as i get it . i can make a video of it.

next is to finish up some detail. then i can get started on the snozzle

SANY0773.jpg

SANY0774.jpg

SANY0775.jpg

Looks good Joe. I bet those tires scream for mercy when you put water in it! :lol: :lol: So am I seeing this right, the MFU is crammed in that little space there in that middle tool box section? What is that box to the left side, with "Volume" on it, it looks like a CB or something? RC isn't enough for you, you feel you need a CB so you can go Breaker Breaker... 1-9.... can you hear me good buddy?.. lol j/k.

joe, what fantastic piece of craftsmanship. i've watched this build from the start and this is absolutely amazing!!!!!!! one thing......i was thinking you could maybe leave out the water and dispense either rum or vodka?.......just jiddin'! fantasticle!!!

joe, what fantastic piece of craftsmanship. i've watched this build from the start and this is absolutely amazing!!!!!!! one thing......i was thinking you could maybe leave out the water and dispense either rum or vodka?.......just jiddin'! fantasticle!!!

i really didnt think of other then water, but a mixed drink sounds good. thnx man for the comments

Looks good Joe. I bet those tires scream for mercy when you put water in it! :lol: :lol: So am I seeing this right, the MFU is crammed in that little space there in that middle tool box section? What is that box to the left side, with "Volume" on it, it looks like a CB or something? RC isn't enough for you, you feel you need a CB so you can go Breaker Breaker... 1-9.... can you hear me good buddy?.. lol j/k.

that cb looking box. is the sound/light/volume control panel. everything barely fit a mini c/b radio would be kool though

• 4 weeks later...

its been awhile, but here we go again. i ready and i have the itches for it lol

most of the light are working, still have a few more to hook up.

heres picture of the front and back. light ,sounds and its ready

im charging the camera up so we can get some video of it.

ive also start on the tank box topper

SANY0867.jpg

SANY0868.jpg

Joe, that's awsome work, pal. It's also an interesting subject to model. Most post are about race cars ( like me) and hot rods and a few classic and vintage cars but nobody has done a fire truck. You have done it well. If you live in Ventura, my great grandfather was major there way back in the day, so I've been there a bunch and love that place or how it was 20 years ago. What's next on your build schedule?

Joe, that's awsome work, pal. It's also an interesting subject to model. Most post are about race cars ( like me) and hot rods and a few classic and vintage cars but nobody has done a fire truck. You have done it well. If you live in Ventura, my great grandfather was major there way back in the day, so I've been there a bunch and love that place or how it was 20 years ago. What's next on your build schedule?

usually when i pick a build out, i like to build someting that you really dont see alot of. i build alot of rigs for customer and after awhile it gets very boring.this is why i dont own a big rig

my next build is to finish the hemtt. but after that was thinking a scud launcher. it scaled out to 48inches long 12 inches wide. ive built a rocket launcher once , it really worked to. but the detail in this one would really kool

thanks