Model Cars Magazine Forum

Jaguar XKE Pro Mod

John Teresi

1st I'd like to say congrats on your wins at GLS John, 2ndly I dont care what you think of me, I still think your an Outstanding builder and this build just proves me right again. 3rd this build doesnt require you to explaine anything your work speaks for itself. Job very well done my old friend and i cant wait to see it in person. Romell :)

I have no idea how often the owners of this type of car scrub down their frames, but after a few weekends of this kind of treatment, I would think there would be a certain amount of weathering, especially without a windshield.

SnoopyJaguar-vi.jpg

Edited by sjordan2

Hello......I made a 5 point seat belt harness .......got the seat assembled into the chassis.......dash and steering assembled........put some alclad on my tanks.......almost time for the engine assembly......my favorite part..........thank`s for looking.

DSCF8396.jpg

DSCF8395.jpg

DSCF8398.jpg

DSCF8403.jpg

DSCF8407.jpg

DSCF8417.jpg

DSCF8420.jpg

DSCF8413.jpg

DSCF8412.jpg

DSCF8406.jpg

Hey JT....The 5 point harness along with the whole interior... looks very good my friend. It sure makes one feel good to be a witness... to a free spirit work with his canvas. Thank you for sharing your time with us John...

Gary.......my brother from another mother........I am so glad that we met each other at the GSL........you and Susan are such good souls.......and I have become a fan of your builds......your are one talented builder my friend........thank`s for the comments my brother.

John, you are either A.) Fearless and can create anything out of anything, or B.) A modern day alchemist, who rather than discovering how to turn lead into gold, has invented a machine that miniaturizes anything to any scale. If it weren't for the bodywork photos, I'd be voting for B. Even then I'm not so sure! :)

Hello......I got a good start on the plumbing........fuel pump ready to go ..... the .throttle linkage and plumbing ready to go........I still need to paint the scoop.......tanks and shrouds are assembled to the chassis ......all fittings scratch made with solid hex rod and straight pins ........the hex rod drilled out ........cut and filled and airbrushed with Tamiya clear blue and clear red...... they are not perfect but,good enough for the girls I go with........ .thank`s for looking.

DSCF8422.jpg

DSCF8424.jpg

DSCF8427.jpg

DSCF8429.jpg

DSCF8432.jpg

DSCF8431.jpg

Hello......I made some valve handles.......installed some" Pro Tech" gauges.......cock pit is finished......steering wheel is removable.......I installed most of the engine........I will finish the engine tomorrow, using "Pro Tech" parts......thank`s for looking.

DSCF8433.jpg

DSCF8438.jpg

DSCF8435.jpg

DSCF8440.jpg

DSCF8453.jpg

DSCF8451.jpg

DSCF8444.jpg

DSCF8448.jpg

DSCF8452.jpg

DSCF8454.jpg

John Teresi, this thing looks top shelf. Please tell me what you are using for that small wires and tie wraps.

Jeff

Jeff.......you can buy the detailing wire from "Pro Tech"...........Charlie sells all kinds of cool stuff.......and I use computer board tape for the tie wraps .......thank for the kind comments.

Hello......I attached all the " Pro Tech" braided line......also "Pro Tech": fuel line.gauges,detailing wire,spark plug wire.......the engine is just about finished......I need to attach the MSD coil and paint the MSD distributor cap and attach the throttle cable.......then I can start to paint the body.......thank`s for looking.

DSCF8470.jpg

DSCF8476.jpg

DSCF8474.jpg

DSCF8485.jpg

DSCF8480.jpg

DSCF8472.jpg

DSCF8486.jpg

DSCF8487.jpg

DSCF8482.jpg

Edited by John Teresi