Model Cars Magazine Forum

Jaguar XKE Pro Mod

John, The Jag's lookin' good, like the body work. Have 1 question tho, you have the 2 nitrous bottles in the car, but I've seen nothing showing them hooked up, no spots on the engine for them, no solenoids or anything & the last pictures didn't show any lines running from the bottles to the engine.

John, The Jag's lookin' good, like the body work. Have 1 question tho, you have the 2 nitrous bottles in the car, but I've seen nothing showing them hooked up, no spots on the engine for them, no solenoids or anything & the last pictures didn't show any lines running from the bottles to the engine.

Ok !!!!........I will try to say what`s on my mind without ruffling any feathers........I am not a Professional drag-racer or mechanic.......and when I started this "WiIP' I mentioned that this is a make believe race car.......some of you have gave your 2 cent`s worth?.......well if you are a professional drag-racing or mechanic......... more power to you.......and I respect that......I sure wish I was........but,I am not.......I should not have to prove myself to anyone......this is just a model.......and that is what I like to do..........build models and share any info: or any trick that I have learned ......... I have never criticized or gave any advice to any persons model on this board or any other board.......I can take criticizing .......and I have for a long time but.when it continues from the same people i need to stand up for myself.......so with that said, I hope that I did not make my self look like a baby.......it does not matter if I get any comments at all.......but,I would like to share with others....... that would like my offerings.

John... Now that the chassis is all together.... this is just coming right along. That Engine is looking sweet with all of the detail, the chassis looks amazing with all of the detail. You guys are making me want to now build a 1/16th scale Pro Mod car, which I may have to add to my wish list of kits I would like to build :( . John continue to build for yourself, You are an amazing builder and who cares what others think. I look up to all of the amazing builders on this site and hope to be as good as them someday. Anyway I can't wait to see what color you have instore to paint this project. I know it will be a beauty.

Ok !!!!........I will try to say what`s on my mind without ruffling any feathers........I am not a Professional drag-racer or mechanic.......and when I started this "WiIP' I mentioned that this is a make believe race car.......some of you have gave your 2 cent`s worth?.......well if you are a professional drag-racing or mechanic......... more power to you.......and I respect that......I sure wish I was........but,I am not.......I should not have to prove myself to anyone......this is just a model.......and that is what I like to do..........build models and share any info: or any trick that I have learned ......... I have never criticized or gave any advice to any persons model on this board or any other board.......I can take criticizing .......and I have for a long time but.when it continues from the same people i need to stand up for myself.......so with that said, I hope that I did not make my self look like a baby.......it does not matter if I get any comments at all.......but,I would like to share with others....... that would like my offerings.

I apologize John, it seems my question was taken the wrong way,the Jag looks great & I can't wait to see it done, I've seen & admired your builds for awhile now & the Jag is pretty much at the top of the list. Once again I'm sorry if I offended you with my question.

I apologize John, it seems my question was taken the wrong way,the Jag looks great & I can't wait to see it done, I've seen & admired your builds for awhile now & the Jag is pretty much at the top of the list. Once again I'm sorry if I offended you with my question.

Richard......no need to apologize .......everyone is welcome to have an opinion........one thing I lack in my builds are the technical features on a build........that is my own fault......I could research more and do every nut and bolt correctly ........but,that is not who I am.........I have been on other boards and have gotten chewed out for little " nit pic " things.......I got tiered of it so I came to this forum......this forum has been very good to me........people are so cool on this board......just once in awhile......I will get a question or remark that I don`t know how to react to.......so I just tell the same old story.......it`s just a model and I am not perfect........with that said......it`s all good .........and now I got to get back to work on my make believe Pro Mod.........thank`s, ;)

John, you sound a little bit (well, a fair bit..) like myself. :)

In general, I build "for myself"....if others like what I'm doing, then that's fine.....if they gain something from what I'm doing, that's even better.

My technical knowledge is really very, very limited in regard to how these cars (drag cars in general) operate.

My 1/12 Camaro is a "work in progress and enthusiasm".....one which I hope to complete. Like ALL my builds, I hope to complete. <_<

My research has carried me right across the boundaries of space via the net....gaining any thing at all, to try and make an "accurate model".......

100% accurate it will probably never be......but it will be close enough for me. :blink:

What you have achieved so far with the Jag is nothing short of incredible......I can only hope to get close to this.

Now, get in and paint this beast. ;)

Richard......no need to apologize .......everyone is welcome to have an opinion........one thing I lack in my builds are the technical features on a build........that is my own fault......I could research more and do every nut and bolt correctly ........but,that is not who I am.........I have been on other boards and have gotten chewed out for little " nit pic " things.......I got tiered of it so I came to this forum......this forum has been very good to me........people are so cool on this board......just once in awhile......I will get a question or remark that I don`t know how to react to.......so I just tell the same old story.......it`s just a model and I am not perfect........with that said......it`s all good .........and now I got to get back to work on my make believe Pro Mod.........thank`s, :rolleyes:

John, I think I have to disagree with you on the "one thing I lack are the technical features on a build", I was looking at the latest issue of MCM & saw your motorcycle build, now I'm not into bikes, (F/C's (from the '60's right up to the current ones) & P/M's)but that bike looks AWESOME!, all the detail put into it, sorry sir, but you are one of the masters, right up there with my other top builders, Clay Kemp, Wayne Stevens Jr. & Tyrone Price (there are others also, but these 3 come to mind first). Keep on with the Jag, enjoying it very much!

Hello......I started on the paint job.......airbrushed panels over silver base-coat......rivets drilled with a black wash........rear of the body silver base-coat with clear coat and Slixx mini flakes......this will be a rip away paint job .......I will put the color on rear of the body tomorrow.......thank`s for looking.

DSCF8582.jpg

DSCF8585.jpg

DSCF8587.jpg

DSCF8590.jpg

DSCF8591.jpg

DSCF8592.jpg

DSCF8593.jpg

DSCF8595.jpg

DSCF8596.jpg

DSCF8598.jpg

John,

Wow! the body work looks great and man I am digging the start of this paint job. It is a beauty so far and can't wait to see what you have instore for the rest of it. I have been enjoying this build of yours. Keep up the great work, it has been an ispiration.