Model Cars Magazine Forum

1967 Shelby Mustang GT500

Reeves Racing

This is the AMT 1967 Shelby Mustang GT350 kit. I have been collecting different parts in order to make this a GT500.

The engine is a dual four carbureted 427 with aluminum heads. I scratch made the Shelby under-rider traction bars and the 2.5†exhaust with the X pipe. The headers are from a NASCAR kit. The wheels and a lot of the engine parts are from the 427 Cobra kit. The front suspension is painted to look like red urethane bushings were used.

The interior has a lot of parts from the 68 GT500 kit, like the over head and floor consoles. The kit only comes with the "rear seat up" option so I scratch made the parts needed make it look folded down. I painted most of it with flat and semi-gloss Krylon and flocked it with dark gray.

The paint is kind of a reverse Eleanor thing. I used Krylon “Oil Rubbed Bronze†as the base color and Dupli-Color “Seattle Silver†for the Lemans stripes.

I hope to take some out side pictures this weekend.

DSC04152.jpg

DSC04166.jpg

DSC04153.jpg

DSC04157.jpg

DSC04165.jpg

DSC04159.jpg

DSC04160.jpg

DSC04163.jpg

DSC04162.jpg

DSC04156.jpg

Edited by seveeRRacing

It looks like real car in these outside pictures! Great job with the Mustang. That engine looks very good to me. Detailing is nice all over and paint looks good. Color is just perfect for this body. Wheels and tires are looking good too. I like it, keep these coming! :)

• 4 weeks later...