Model Cars Magazine Forum

the cords

montelsc

Mike, consistently implying that the type of model you built this time has some responsibility for the quality of the finished model is, at best, a copout. A model is a model… it doesn’t matter if it’s a Cord, a Chrysler, a Camaro, or a Corvette. It all takes skill and patience to do a good job. Constantly implying that you will stick to other cars that you are more familiar with (“i probably will stick to building what i normally buildâ€) won’t help you much if you are not willing to learn.

hey well let me say what i think i think you may have done the best you could with these kits and thats ok you learn from what you did and you will get better on the next one .

i would have test fitted more parts first on these builds but they do look ok can i ask you how long you have been building ? and how old you are ?

the good thing is the paint looks nice and you nailed that and dont worry about the rest my builds looked like this at one time we learn and get better and better . i hope you dont think im being mean here to you because im not trying to be like i said you did the best you could have with 2 bad kits .

tyler

i now see how all the comments now will be bad nobody noticed the effort and time put into these 2 cars not even one comment until i made a big deal about it i asked for comments because ive never built these kinda cars before i didnt ask for stupidity its sad to see that all you guys operate on one mind nobody speaks for themselves they just follow the other guy :lol:

Did you ever stop to think before you started your thread asking for comments yesterday maybe nobody commented on these just because of the simple fact THIS WOULD HAPPEN!?!? B):blink::huh::blink::unsure:

I stated in your "Comments" thread I look at almost everything new when I come online by viewing the "View New Content" or if I'm online and something new is posted, I usually look at that then. I did that same thing when you started this thread last Sunday night, and if you think that the honest comments Terry posted yesterday after you started crying because no one commented on these in the other thread is "stupidity" and just following, here is your wakeup call,

I SEEN ALL THE SAME FLAWS A WEEK AGO RIGHT AFTER YOU POSTED THEM!!!

Terry offered you EXACTLY WHAT YOU WANTED, CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM! This is one reason I DID NOT comment here, because I've learned that, with the exception of a select few, most don't want to hear what's wrong! The select few I will offer my help to also receive that helpful constructive criticism while in a "On the workbench" thread when it is easier to change things. The few finished builds I will offer the idea maybe to do this or that different on their next build.

Along the lines of constructive criticism for your next build, and to go along with this comment you gave Terry,

WOW!!! you really out of your way on those comments BUT GUESS WHAT! they dont start up and you cant drive them either but thanks anyway :D

maybe you should look at it this way, models are scale representations of the 1:1 counterparts, and whether or not a build of an actual car or not, the model should at least represent something that COULD BE DRIVEN! I actually like the idea of the custom, and may try that myself because a Cord is a car you normally don't see customized, but here are the biggest things I would do differently and suggest you think of if you would choose to rebuild yours, which are lower the rear end to a lower height and make sure the custom exhausts match. I noticed just reviewing your pictures, the drivers side exhaust is fine, the droopy passenger side exhaust should match and not be dragging the ground.

i now see how all the comments now will be bad nobody noticed the effort and time put into these 2 cars not even one comment until i made a big deal about it i asked for comments because ive never built these kinda cars before i didnt ask for stupidity its sad to see that all you guys operate on one mind nobody speaks for themselves they just follow the other guy :P

Here, maybe this will help http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_TeJxggJvg7g/TB1ZtX1sCgI/AAAAAAAAEWw/r-Itkd3ItmA/s1600/hurtfeelings.png

i now see how all the comments now will be bad nobody noticed the effort and time put into these 2 cars not even one comment until i made a big deal about it i asked for comments because ive never built these kinda cars before i didnt ask for stupidity its sad to see that all you guys operate on one mind nobody speaks for themselves they just follow the other guy :P

I take back my suggestion to try to be helpfull. Obviously, you have an attitude problem that doesn't react positively to anyone trying to help. However old you may be, try to grow up and get over it.

He asked for comments.

You stepped out of your comfort zone . Cudos for you . You results are what you set out to build . Just right . Imperfect , yes . Accept this and you will be just right also . Don't swear off these kind of builds and stagnate . Expand your horizens . Thanx ..

Gotta agree with all of you. Saw some of the same things Terry mentioned but was afraid to comment. And Bradley, I'm with you...I can not seem to finish a build because of my analness or perfectionisms and I've been super busy at my real job. Michael....you did ask for the truth did'nt you? Be carful for what you ask for..if you really dont mean it. Try to accept and try to improve. Thats the name of the game. Good luck.

Look sat it this way. Because of people in the past not taking constructive critisism very well, folks here don't do it very often. They prefer the "if you can't say anything nice" rule of thumb. Having said that........perhaps the lack of replies and ata-boys...........is a comment in itself? It means that you still have lots to learn, you need to slow down and take your time. It means if parts don't fit right, then you need to keep at it until they do fit. This isn't a popularity contest. When someone gets a lot of replies it means that their work is of superior quality and workmanship and the subject is exciting and unique.