Model Cars Magazine Forum

Nearly Done, but will never be done-My latest

This one will never be done.. frozen in time.

The scene:

Inside the Peterbilt factory, the assembly line right after the hood and cab have been set on the frame, just before all the hoses and wiring is connected.

assyII.jpg

I started with an Italeri PEterbilt 377A/E kit and converted it to a 378 SBFA

assyII_above.jpg

assyII_rear.jpg

I cut the doors open to expose the nicely detailed Italeri interior. The seats, mattress and doors are covered with Saran Wrap to simulate the plastic coverings.

assyII_interior.jpg

The fuel tanks and drivers door protective covers were made from automotive vinyl stripe with the protective paper coating still in place. I cut the material to size, applied the vinyl and contoured it to shape for wrinkles and ripples, then painted it (blue for the fuel tank tarps and black for the door protector).

The door sill protectors are unpainted plastic with a strip of blue masking tape. The Unibilt sleeper logo, chassis warning logos and the interior build sheets are all photo reduced items.

assyII_front.jpg

Paint is Duplicolor Charcoal Grey Metallic, fenders are Bright Silver, the chassis is gloss black and the interior is artists acrylic red (WalMart craft paint) covered with Future.

This model would really look good fully wired and plumbed.

I enjoyed building this and will probably add detail to it as time goes by.

Thanks for looking!

Tim

I agree! Very, very cool idea. I enjoy your builds and have used your website and pics for reference material. I'm one of the biggest Pete fans there is! I like what you do with your builds when you put them in different scenarios such as the assembly line, the tire hauler,the outside factory shots, and the glider kit! Awesome work and attention to detail. You don't give tours of your build room do you ? :D

And is there anything that you haven't built , but would like to try?

Keep up the great work. Your an inspiration to fellow builders for sure!

Tim,

Your "talent" and dedication to the building of the "red oval" continues to always amaze me. This is definately a different build...which is nice to see, would be a nice additional to anyones display/collection...

Happy Easter...to all.

Kurt McLucas