Model Cars Magazine Forum

2006 Mustang

Ajay

After building the Cervini Mustang this one's going to be a lot less complicated & pretty much OOB except for the rear window louvres & Shelby grille which are from A/FX resins. I've always felt that the stock front isn't deep enough so the bottom was cut off and some plastic card added with the lower grille opening enlarged slighty.

stang.jpg

So far the bodies been sprayed with Tamiya Mica Blue & the stripes added - I had a spare decal sheet so I've continued the stripes over the front bumper.

stang1.jpg

stang2.jpg

Thanks for looking

Andy

Impressive work as always, Andy. The silver stripes work great with that color. PSF Hobbies now carries a lot of resin goodies for the new Mustang, also. The scratchbuilt nose looks cool, too. Are those wheels & tires from a diecast?

Thanks Randy

The wheels are made up from Aoshima Luxy type 4 19" rims together with trim rims from their Junction Scara wheels. The tyres are from the Revell Tuner series.

Regards

Andy

Great Job - soooo your the one who made the cervinis mustang (been looking for that body kit I thought it was available in resin)

Do you still have pics of the cervini mustang you made

Iam in the process of making the 07 Shelby GT-H Convert.- Body/Hood is almost ready for paint , I have custom made the front and added PSF hobbies side scoops & Hertz hoodJust have to order parts for Aluminum Grill inserts(been slow cause I haven't been able to work on it)

Yup thats the one although I know there was a grey one around too, BTW where did you get the grill from- thats kinda the grill I need........

Hi Harry

The grill I used was a Billet Ford F-150 one from Model Car Garage

Cheers

Andy

I must have offended the modelling gods (that's my excuse anyway !) -when I removed the Tamiya masking tape from the roof after spraying the window surrounds it lifted off one of the stripes :oops: - I guess I'd polished the clear very thin in that area. Luckily I still had a spare decal but had to clear the roof again - not disasterous but annoying all the same.

On a positive note here's where I am currently after adding the front grille & lights etc - I've also continued the stripes over the rear spoiler as IMO it looks odd without them.

stang5.jpg

Thanks for looking

Andy

• 2 weeks later...