Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Highly Detailed GENERAL LEE.... finally done...!1yr and 6 days

mopar01lee

May I suggest a tip for you? Before painting the car, You should have added Strip Styrene to all of you panels, To close up the oversized gaps.Or used another body as a donor for the Doors,Trunk,Ect, Very Nice paint job. When I cut panels out, I use 2 bodys, One for the panels, Doors,Trunk,Ect, And the other for the main body. That way you can sand back the edges to have a perfect fit, I cut out the doors and other panels oversized from the donor body, And cut the Body i'll be using for my build undersized in those areas, That way I can sand back the edges to make a perfect fit for all of your body panels, Just a little food for thought .For your next build .

If you're going to tell someone the name of the color you used, the least you can do is get the name right... and not blame it on your phone. :unsure:

you got somethin to say to me do it in a PM .. cuz your comments have nothing to do with the build,as most of your comments ive seen.

an no i dont care who you are.

an i really do not care what you or anyone else wants to think or beleave .. :lol:

and your a mod .. but didnt you just brake the new guidline of the fourm .. oh its at the top of the page..

Later Days .. davin

Edited by mopar01lee

Come guys,let's not get heated of somthing so trivial.....yes my iPhone spells what ever it wants,and in most cases it's quite funny!!! Spell how you want,aslong ad people know what you mean,that's all at matters.

Anyway back to the topic,fantastic build Davin.the general Lee will look nice in the that metallic orange.

Rich

Edited by richcrabman

rich thank you.. i have the next best thing ,its the HTC evo 4G... an it does it all the time...

and to all i removed a comment i posted .. cuz it was not right of me to say..

but on a real note . plez keep it build related.. or as GREGG has stated dont comment....

later days ... Davin

Edited by mopar01lee

what is it about this thread that has everyone so confrontational? Let the guy build his model the way he wants and keep all the other ###### to ourselves. The guy just wants to share his build with us and those of us who aren't rabid Dukes of hazzard fans or spelling and grammer cops, just want to be able to follow along with out having to wade through a whole lot of bickering.

you got somethin to say to me do it in a PM .. cuz your comments have nothing to do with the build,as most of your comments ive seen.

an no i dont care who you are.

an i really do not care what you or anyone else wants to think or beleave .. ;)

and your a mod .. but didnt you just brake the new guidline of the fourm .. oh its at the top of the page..

Later Days .. davin

I'm enjoying your build, But a word of advice, It's really not at all in your benefit , Or smart to make rude commments to Harry, Or Gregg. They have this forum up for all of us . How I check my spelling, Is type the first 3 letters into my toolbar, It wiil show you the propper spelling, And by no way don't think I'm attacking you at all, I'm just letting you know,That you cannot do things like this statement above. They made this forum for us all to enjoy and share our builds with others. By the way , Back to the Model, I think you're doing a great job on it, I really like that Orange. Very Nice.

Just had to do it .......

last 2 coats of paint .. bout ready for wet sand an then decals and clear....

heres a few mock up shots.....

And sry for the out burst the other day ... long week and HOT!!!!!

IMAG0280.jpg

IMAG0278.jpg

IMAG0281.jpg

IMAG0283.jpg

enjoy the pics..

Later Days... Davin

I really like this build. I have one planned myself one day. I was wondering, what tires are you using with those wheels? I've got a set of wheels from jb hobbies, but don't have any tires in my stash that look right.

Thanks...Travis

Thanks for the comments guys.... im tryin to get the body done . but its been soo hot here in the metro east st louis last few days..lol

as for the tires they are revell an monogram tires .. michelin trx.. from like the 67 pro street kit (front tires).. some 60s mustangs i think had them . and a ton of other kits...

. i like the way these tires look .. better than some of the rest ive tryed out..

Later Days ...davin

Edited by mopar01lee