Model Cars Magazine Forum

Highly Detailed GENERAL LEE.... finally done...!1yr and 6 days

mopar01lee

Nice general I built a really detailed one a few years ago. I did everything your doing with the front grill. I cut it out and sent the grill out to be rechromed. I scratch built a correct push bar for it as well. Yours is looking good so far.

post-8052-0-55318500-1305115911_thumb.jp

post-8052-0-60162400-1305115886_thumb.jp

chivin-tuesday-27.jpg?w=500&h=337

In the early 21st century the Dukes had a hover conversion installed...lol.

Keep up the build, I'll be watching to see how all the details come together. You're off to a good start.

Edited by Ryan S.

I had no idea. I edited the post. I never watched the show too much when I was younger. I learned something ;)

No problem man, just thought I would let ya know was all. Alot of people or some people out there thinks they are brothers when they are cousin's. LOL

Hey Davin, your doing a good job on your build man, keep up the good work bro.

Guest Johnny

Second time I've busted this out in the thread. Take the advice, or don't guys...but we know of someone who was recently tossed out of here for ignoring the zero-tolerance on "naughty" words. Just sayin'...we don't have to agree, but the place is usually poorer for it when people get banned or kicked out.

Per Gregg, who runs this site...

Posted 26 April 2010 - 09:48 PM

As you may have noticed, some posts and even threads have been deleted.

Some topics titles have been edited.

There will be no swearing on the forum, AT ALL!

Don't even try to fake it, or use wildcards (*&^%$) in place of swear or cuss words.

If I see someone doing it all the time, they will be banned.

There is a warning system in place also.

I would like to see that used as well.

Also, no derogatory name calling either, you know who you are.

Don't be calling some a something bag or other nasty things like that on the forum.

This is the final warning.

Gregg on swearing

Harry (the moderator) is here in the thread making replys, I'm sure he has seen it. I'm sure "someone" has hit the report button as well as PM'd Gregg but I just have to ask it! Mark, why are you going so far out of your way to try and get someone banned? You help antagonize the guy until he posts something that gets symboled out then play tattle tale! Good GoD!!! Are we in kindegarten here??? :)

Guest Johnny

They wasn't brother's, they was cousin's.

Well from what I have seen in the south, (and before anyone starts up) including some distant family in the south, they could be both!:lol:

Keep up the build! It is a very interesting one of the General!:)

Edited by Johnny

:)

On another note- It always amazes me how heated any General Lee thread seems to get around here

Yeppers. As I commented a couple of pages back ...

"This thread is but the periodic reminder that in polite society, one cannot discuss religion, politics or the Dukes of Hazzard."

So true.

:lol:

I stand by what I said yesterday about spelling and grammar needing attention in this one, to the point of nearly being a stereotype joke based on the subject matter in the thread, but this topic certainly has a loyal and passionate following. It would be a shame for people who have an interest in the car not to be able to follow the build to completion.

True that!

Sadly, the only ones to which grammar, spelling, respect and good manners are not important are the ones that have none.

:)

Okay

Enough of this.

This is Davin's build, and it's his story to tell.

I have gone through and cleaned up a little of the childish bickering.

Any more negative comments, sarcasm, or just plain old being a you know what, you will get banned.

Yes, zero tolerance, FOR ANYONE!

And I do agree about the typos, spelling, grammar, and abbreviations.

Please do not use abbreviations.

They may save you two or three keystrokes, but they waste our time.

I have no idea what sry is, or any of that stuff means.

I'm 50 years-old, I don't LOL or BRB or BFF or whatever the kids say now.

If I see posts that are full of abbreviations, or really bad spelling, I either ignore it, or delete it.

It's up to you.

Okay, I pau.

Now, back to the build, and keep it on topic.

Guest Johnny

chivin-tuesday-27.jpg?w=500&h=337

Didn't know Bo and Luke were storm chasers too! Looks like they got a little too close! But all is well as the General can take anything they dish out!:rolleyes:

Guest Johnny

Funny I never read/interpret that anywhere he was building an exact replica. But then there were so many on the show that varied so much it would be impossible to build any specific one exactly anyway!:D

Every one of the hundreds of General Lees were supposed to represent one vehicle

The idea of the General Lee was very different than real life- like just about everything as portrayed in the show

It's all in fun but it's normal for the name "General Lee" to make the reader think of what the car was supposed to be in the show rather than real life which we be stated as "a ratty beater Charger given a quick orange paint job, possible some spring helpers and a few hundred pounds of concrete ballast in the trunk destined to be destroyed by launching off a ramp in a few seconds of glory then replaced with another

(just to get some model pics on this page)

here is a charger i build for the death race build off a while ago

i called it "project haz-mat"

story has it this car was found under a tarp in a barn somewhere in georgia

back then it was a faded orange with a rebel flag on it and turbine mags (none of which were true)

HPIM0281.jpg

HPIM0283.jpg