Model Cars Magazine Forum

1983 Camaro

crazyjim

Just completed my 1983 Camaro. It's not much other than my normal but I'm trying out new painting techniques (new for me anyway). I primed with Plastikote grey and then did a stripe and lower body in white Plastikote primer. I tried to fog the white stripe with black Plasticote primer. Everything was then covered with HOK purple kandy, wet sanded and polished.

100_3161.jpg

100_3187.jpg

100_3186.jpg

100_3188.jpg

100_3191.jpg

Edited by crazyjim

That's a pretty cool looking Camaro Jim! You did some very nice looking work to it also. The stripes are a really cool touch. Is this the AMT kit? There's a guy around here that has a base Camaro painted purple and done up '70s style. It has five slot ET's with tens and M50's on the back and sixes on the front. For some strange reason,I want to build a replica of it. B)

Hey thanks guys. You're right about the wheels, Skip. I'll have to correct that issue. It seems like I keep making some silly little mistakes all the time. I need to pay more attention.

It is the AMT kit that went together pretty well. I would have preferred the raditor overflow and windshield washer as seperate pieces - makes them easier to paint.

I use the Paasche H single action airbrush for painting now. I normally use the #5 tip for painting but I switched to the #1 tip to do the fogging. I just try to keep on experimenting.

Edited by crazyjim

looks great

i specially like the mill, any better shots of it ?

and those stripes are a nice detail :)

my only issue, it looks like the rims are directional and the one that is on the passenger front should be on the driver side

(if you look at them, the passenger rear look like the center is turned clockwise while the front looks like its turned counterclockwise)

I took only that one pic of the engine, Eelco. I used the optional Weber carbs from the kit with clear fishing line for fuel lines and a piece of plastic hex rod for a fuel block. There's an oil dipstick in there too. I'll try to get a better pic for you. Most times when I try to get real close the pics come out blurry even when I set the camera to closeup (macro).

Yeah. I screwed up on the wheels - again. I have to get my head on straight during assembly.

Which plate, Wayne? Front or rear? I made up a bunch of the Vietnam Service ribbons in scale that you'll see on every one of my builds and several different Florida plates for myself.

Both actually, but I was referring to the rear. :)

I put one on a rat rod that said "MOS 1369". One guy at a show got it, he said he was one too. ;)

G

Fishing line works great, Eelco. It's 30lb test line that I got at Wal-Mart - a reel of red and one clear.

thanks again for the offer on that line

i have some laying around the house somewhere, ill give it a try someday

Fishing line works great, Eelco. It's 30lb test line that I got at Wal-Mart - a reel of red and one clear.

You got me, Wayne. 1369? I was an 0844. Brings back the good old days, doesn't it?

Um, the explanation will be forwarded by PM :lol:, but yes there are memories, many memories. :lol:

G