Model Cars Magazine Forum

Am I seeing things?? You've GOT to check this out!!

heres something and its probably not news to anyone:

to "alan": hey man what you paid was pretty cheap for the cost of an education. why not just eat it like everyone else does and put the guy on your "no buy" list if thats how you feel about it. whining like this in public just makes you look like, well, a whiner.

to the resin guy: just send the guy another body or some money or something. its not worth your time or energy to fight it. and then invite him to never buy anything from you again. your products should speak for themselves.

for whoever started talking about copying others work: so whats different between what you say and what a whole lot of other casters (and some very high profile ones at that) do, namely take out of production kits and copy them or pieces of them? at least he changed something (i dont personally know that; just taking your word for it) which is a lot more than a couple places i could name do.

and that stuff on the ebay auction (the dragster with the "free" (i guess, maybe i missed the point though) suspension and running gear parts) looks more than usable to me...the comet or whatever was pretty weak but i dont see much beyond the pale on the dragster personally.

this is all such a tempest in a teapot if you ask me.

but then again, i guess no one did.

Yes, this is what it sounds to me also, someone is pissed off at this guy or something and they want to make sure he looks bad in front of everyone. I am not a big resin fan or anything like that but I think this has gone far enough guys, we are here to have fun and if you really look at the big picture we are all a bunch of old guys playing with little plastic cars. I don't think anybody is holding a gun to your head to continue buying from this guy so come on man.............The resin caster I have bought the most from has been Norm from Rep. amd Mini. of MD and he is the classiest guy I have ever met inside and outside of the hobby and that's not including Harold Bradford from Historic Racing miniatures but if someday I have a bad experience with these guys I will be sure to take it up with them personally, at least I think that is the way it should be worked out :roll:

Why is it that you can say that Reliable Resin's stuff is all ######, when his ebay feedback is full of praise? Is it possible that this realy is a handfull of disgruntled customers with a vendetta? I have no afiliation with Don Thune other than he and I have done business and my dealings with him have been satisfactory. Having talked with him I know he can be gruff, and is not one to sugar coat what he thinks but the guy has 921 feedback that is 99% positive. you don't get that by habitually ripping people off.

Darrin

Everybody is so afraid of getting a Negative listed against them..I have One from Don Thune.. I wear it Proudly.. Now the reality is that the seller doesn't post feedabck until the Buyer does...why is that???

I won't post feedback Until I recieve it as a Buyer.. so My Numbers are Low..

you get his Numbers from Him Intimidating you ( stating that a real Modeler has No trouble with it..) come on.. get real I have done resin casting Myself and I k now the score..some take time to show a good product all the time. Others don;t care as Long as they get the Allmighty dollar.

he constantly is Making False statements and quoting TOS (terms of service)of such and such when he breaks all the rules first..

and he constantly Brandishes spew for Ones that have issues with his Products and for ones that Bow down to himhe's different.

Dwayne Bressem

Corrected and made less Better.

re mastered and corrected too.

Does this look like feedback from someone who is "afraid" to get a negative??? Just a sample of the nearly 1,600 POSITIVE FEEDBACKS received by Reliable Resin on Ebay.

Every resin company should be like this one!"Reliable Resin" says it all !

Buyer lov2model68( 122) Sep-15-04 10:50 5918440127

Great person to deal with,great product! A#1 resin company to deal with!!!!!!!!!

Buyer lov2model68( 122) Sep-15-04 10:48 5918444266

A++++++HIGHLY RECCOMEND THIS VENDOR FOR RESIN CARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Buyer 1968elenor0( 185) Jun-17-04 18:58 5902768877

Exellent resin bodies, will buy again THANKS GOTZ

Buyer 1968elenor0( 185) Jun-17-04 18:57 5902763894

Got the Cyclone in good shape tonight. Thanks again!

Buyer werfer42( 166) Jun-17-04 17:50 5903809841

Here some random feedbacks from 2005:

Another top class resin, quick delivery and hassle free as always. A++++++++++

Buyer stevieandme( 96) May-10-05 10:48 5972492256

Great seller, Great item! Thanks!

Buyer honez57( 325) Apr-26-05 21:05 5967683700

fast shipping sweet body very good quality!!!!!!

Buyer promod1963vette( 186) Apr-25-05 20:23 5967708054

Great product. Very good to deal with!! A+++++

Buyer prumus99( 117) Apr-24-05 12:02 5967702856

Another top class resin from the best caster about. Thanks again A++++++++++++++

Buyer stevieandme( 96) Apr-21-05 14:23 5967723228

eBay Seller that stands behind his product. Thank you very much.

Buyer mvadrag( 288) Jan-22-05 10:48 5929727682

Highest quality and great communication. Thanks!!

Buyer eaglec4( 607) Mar-18-06 14:02 6029984837

This is the finest detail I've seen on a resin kit. Worth the wait!

Buyer eaglec4( 607) Mar-18-06 14:02 6027076752

personable , curtious , and professional combined with an excellent product !

Buyer step13kid( 52) Feb-11-06 15:23 6029725155

top quality resin from a true professional ! will be doing more business soon.

Buyer step13kid( 52) Feb-11-06 15:21 6025405960

good seller thanks

Buyer terry6542( 14) Feb-11-06 14:08 6024711296

Great product !!! Will buy from again, thanks Don! A++++++++++++++

Buyer danimation53( 448) Feb-11-06 13:23 6024719290

Awesome casting, tons of detail, this will be great with my next project. Thanks

Buyer markandjo12( 108) Nov-24-06 07:32 250041285550

Excellent product, fast shipping, item exactly as described. Thanks! AAA++++++++

Buyer nsxwheel( 504) Nov-23-06 18:41 250039837525

Excellent product, fast shipping, item exactly as described. Thanks!!! AAA++++++

Buyer nsxwheel( 504) Nov-23-06 18:39 250041284920

great to deal with anytime again AAA+++

Buyer jonn223( 107) Nov-22-06 14:08 250046517139

Accurate description,fast delivery.

Buyer hejore( 316) Nov-22-06 13:00 5972424814

No Problems. Easy to do business with.

Buyer hejore( 316) Nov-22-06 13:00 5972424814

GREAT CASTING, GREAT SERVICE, THANKS.

Buyer models129( 125) Nov-22-06 10:12 250046523377

VERY NICE RESIN...STOOD BEHIND HIS PRODUCT & REPLACED DAMAGED RIM

Buyer delraymustang1984( 185) Nov-22-06 05:55 250034247769

Great product, well packaged - good international trader A+++ cheers!

Buyer grantysid( 11) Nov-22-06 00:07 250033284647

Outstanding service, will buy from again, Thank-you A+

Buyer outlaw7.86( 88) Feb-27-07 12:09 250081710299

VERY NICE! Don is at the top of the resin casting business! Highly recommended

Buyer wweedhopper( 687) Feb-27-07 10:54 250068602476

Nice resin body kit will make a great build Thanks

Buyer baldnmean( 130) Feb-27-07 10:15 250079492943

Darrin

Everybody is so afraid of getting a Negative listed against them..I have One from Don Thune.. I wear it Proudly.. Now the reality is that the seller doesn't post feedabck until the Buyer does...why is that???

you get his Numbers from Him Intimidating you ( stating that a real Modeler has No trouble with it..) come on.. get real I have done resin casting Myself and I k now the score..some take time to show a good product all the time. Others don;t care as Long as they get the Allmighty dollar.

he constantly is Making False statements and quoting TOS (terms of service)of such and such when he breaks all the rules first..

and he constantly Brandishes spew for Ones that have issues with his Products and for ones that Bow down to himhe's different.

Dwayne Bressem

Corrected and made less Better.

re mastered and corrected too.

If these guys were "intimidated" into good feed back why is it glowing praise, especially the recent ones? http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback

It would appear there are a lot of happy customers. I'm not siding with the guy, but so far there seems to be a handfull of disgruntled customers and hundreds of happy ones. Even at my job, where we pride ourselves on customer service we've had customers we simply could satisfy. I'm not going to join a lynch mob because a couple of guys show me some pictures of a couple of bad resins. What I see in his feed back is one negative in the last 90 days, and that had to do with shipping time, not quality.

when I see something like this on a message board I want to see evidence of a current issue with the company. I'm not taking sides or "Joining a camp" I just want to see something more than annecdotal evidence.

Does this look like feedback from someone who is "afraid" to get a negative??? Just a sample of the nearly 1,600 POSITIVE FEEDBACKS received by Reliable Resin on Ebay.

Then why does he Not post feedback before you do and then adds things.. defaming other group and message Boards...Guess you Left those out ...he slamms all message Boards and No One Notices.. Horse with Blinders If You ask me.

Dwayne

Proud member of Straightlinemodeler@yahoogroups.

also Marc You stated that us at SLM

"Don't believe everything that is posted on Straight Line Modeler." Isn;t that true of anywhere even from Don Thune? or are your eyes closed to that fact?

there are More well named Modelers at that Forum than any other that I am a member of except for Hobby heaven Board

Darrin

Dwayne Bressem

I don't intend to get in the middle of this, but wanted to just say something about why sellers do not leave feedback until the buyer does. This is just my opinion and may not be correct.

I've said it before that feedback system isn't the best on ebay, we all know that, but as it is, some buyers will hold that over your head and are to quick to just lay down a negative comment without even as much as an email to rectify the situation. Each person has their own perception to an item they receive, and guess what, everyones is different.

I've just recently switched the way I leave feedback as a seller to what you have described. It has worked for me, but I also will do anything I can to make sure that as a seller and as a buyer that the outcome for both is as perfect as it can be. It is a two way street. Have my feedbacks dropped because of this? No, not at all. I make sure the buyer knows that if feedback is left I will reciprocate. Really the auction isn't over until the buyer gets their item, this way the obligation between the buyer and seller is finally finished and feedback should be left, but it's not going to happen.

I feel I got a lot less feedback when I did it the "old" way, leaving feedback upon receipt of payment. Most of the time the buyers didn't care to leave any feedback. Again, my two way street theory.

As for the Reliable Resin problem here, I'm not sure what to say, of course no one has asked and I'll just put my two cents in.

I recently purchased something from Don and as he is a resin caster I figured I'd have to wait about a month or more for my item. Imagine my surprise when it was here in three weeks and was exactly as described. I was very happy. It was Marc @ MPC Motorsports' builds that pushed me to the product.

Now, I don't know Don or Marc at all except from the forums and ebay, but I like them. I've never really liked these threads where someone has to drag a name through the mud to get some kind of recourse, but it really should be a private matter and not for everyone on the forums. Let them decide. I'm sure if a problem arose and prompt inquiries were made that the RR Customer service would have probably worked.

Well, back to the workbench....

Chris

One Example.

vette003.jpg

reliablevette2.jpg

Oooh! He changed the nose! He also cut down the wing support. He did not include the modified interior tub or rollcage that cheez-cast sold with it. He couldn't cast the scoop and hood in one piece like it came originally, either. Oh! Cheez-cast came with vac-form windows, too.

Full disclosure time: I mastered this car and let Tim Sandvig cast it as I was on hiatus from resin at the time. I have not seen or heard from Tim S. in many years and would not do business with him any more. I have found out that he ripped off a lot of people from the resin supplier to a long list of customers.

Again I say, why has this level of "griping" and such a number of "disgruntled customers" coalesced around any other resin caster? Why aren't there crowds of angry villagers with pitchforks and torches outside of my house? Or any of the other resin casters? HUH! Answer that question without sounding like a politician or a PR person for the poor beleagured subject of this thread.

I am going to sign off of this subject. Camps have been formed and enough has been said for the model car community to make their own decisions. The marketplace will take care of things. I just hate to see un-knowing people burned.

do you have better pics of both of these bodies? after looking at these pictures I count at least a half dozen differences. if you have both bodies in question can you take some picture that would show a common detail that would show it was copied? If you don't have these bodies I'd be glad to order one of each of these and put the rumors to rest. do have contact info for cheez-cast?

like i said in another post, I'm not joining camps, i just want to deal in facts, not speculation.

as far as the mobs with pitch forks go, i see a half dozen angry people here, and almost no mention of it out side those few. I know of you from your ardvark models days and you have a sterling reputation, that ranks you up with Modelhaus, R&MoM and other leaders in the field. But I also have bought from Reliable Resins and while i don't rank him tops, he ranks better than most. so far from what i have seen so far this is just a small group of people who got together for some payback. if someone can show me different feel free.

[ If you don't have these bodies I'd be glad to order one of each of these and put the rumors to rest. do have contact info for cheez-cast?

Cheez-Cast is long out of business, Darin. Andy mentioned that the proprietor of Cheez-Cast was "ripping" off customers, so he quit doing business with them.

Don Theune made wholesale changes to this car and IMHO looks nothing like the original. Don also mentioned that the resin used on the Cheez-Cast part looked like cheeze too. Perhaps that's where they got their name.

Perhaps Andy Martin should add this one to his current catalog.

Of course we all want the best possible material to work with when we set out to build a project. However, if the subject of my next project is not available in plastic ANYWHERE but from one resin caster then I would still consider buying it regardless of the rhetoric expounded on some forum or one persons opinion. My only concern would have been NOT receiving the item after payment.

As long as I have something to work with then I rarely complain about the quality because I am A MODELER! I can fill, sand, paint and modify most anything into what I want it to look like. Most of us have these skills and we really have no room to complain when many of us start with much worse vintage eBay build-ups! Right?

My opinion is that we as modelers have got to SUCK IT UP, get out the putty and get to work!

Alan: you need to dust your feet of Reliable Resin and never order from him again! Sounds like you purchased more than once from him hoping for a different outcome. You know what they say about twice fooled? Just let it go!

Don: sounds like the people have spoken and maybe a step up in quality control of products being sent out might be in order. It can only help the bottom line eventually.

Marc: your continual defense of Reliable Resin is honorable in view of the onslaught of public opinion. You build beautifully and write even better! The built-ups posted here are something the other members of MCM forums really need and want to see and I hope you continue to post... including some how-to articles on prepping and painting of Resin! (please)

However, you sadly come off like a shill of Reliable Resin in this thread because of all the defending in the face of overwhelming contrary opinion. And like they say, first impressions.... I wonder if the guys here will trust all that you say in the future, but only time will tell.

Ariel: good to see you again!

Gregg: you were no help! :)

To everybody else, Rule #2 says no demeaning comments will be allowed on this forum and a lot of the posts here were right on the line if not outright stepping over in my opinion. Now that we all have this out of our systems... let's get back to building and quit the bitching. Last time I remember a fervor like this was when AMT released the 1955 Chevrolet Pickup and everyone got on the bandwagon and complained about the window line! The answer then is the answer now.

We are modelers! Get out the #11 blades and putty and get to work!

Guys,

As a sat here and read all the posts, I realized I needed to respond to this as best I can. The reason this thread started was because an individual was trying to make a point regarding Reliable Resin’s product being say, unusable. Unfortunately, Mr. Theune has turned it into some self-promoting garbage as always.

Here are the facts as I see it:

Mr. Thuene had NO BUSINESS sending this thing to any customer. How he handles this is not surprising, he’s been doing it for five years. The fact is, looking past the low quality, is that he continues to copy other people’s work with no regard for what time was involved. I know from first hand experience as Mr. Theune currently has SIX bodies that were directly copied from our castings. How do I know this? He has admitted it to several people including me! Add to that his out and out misuse of the words ‘master’ and ‘re-mastered’ and you have a complete catalog of copied work! Does ‘re-mastered’ mean removing someone’s copyright from the body? I think not. What we have here is an individual with a TOTAL disregard for what an individual produces for the hobby. Perry’s resin, Cheesecast, Altered States, Bud LeFevre; the list goes on and on!

Unfortunately, I got burned out of the resin business because of individuals like Mr. Theune. That and the fact that I had no free time to build made me realize I wasn’t enjoying the hobby I’d loved since I was five years old.

I have worked out an agreement with BRP resins to cast some of our work. Look for it now and in the future.

Thanks for listening, sorry for the rant. Back to building!

Jim Kampmann

The Good Stuff Inc.

Of course we all want the best possible material to work with when we set out to build a project. However, if the subject of my next project is not available in plastic ANYWHERE but from one resin caster then I would still consider buying it regardless of the rhetoric expounded on some forum or one persons opinion. My only concern would have been NOT receiving the item after payment.

Jairus...Here is My Last comment on this Issue .

It seems funny when a Model Manufacturer has a Flaw and everyone has an issue with it and the Model companies then either Fix it.. ( Ie Linberg 61 Impala) or deal with it.. well when Money is Involved we have a Passion for the best that it can Buy..Its the American way. We Built our Country on being the best at whatever it should Be.. Now we have become lackadaisical In any product that is Offered.. and we still have issues with it But have become accustomed to getting seconds or even thirds and even having to Bow down to that Company or person that offered it Or else we will Lose it..

Ok In My Opinion I would rather NOT Have that Item than have it offered in Flawed form..to keep temptation averted.

Dwayne Bressem

In My Opinion I would rather NOT Have that Item than have it offered in Flawed form..to keep temptation averted.

Dwayne Bressem

I disagree, I would rather have a flawed offering, Case in point; http://www.eastcoastcarnews.com/1967%20For...on%20review.htm if you follow the link you will find a reveiw of a very flawed R&R 1967 Ford Wagon kit. This is a car that has great sentimental value to me, and given the availability of the base car in coupe form (very rare but available) I would have probably been tempted to scratch build a wagon conversion for it. But fixing the flaws in this resin is far easier, and cheaper to do. The base work is there but the details need some tweaking.

You say you wouldn't want a flawed offereing. where do you draw the line? when Amt released it's 62 belair it was flawed, when Revell released their 69 Camaro it was flawed, these are a couple of really nice models that while flawed, still built up really nice on the shelf. I don't seek perfection, I look at any model kit resin or otherwise, as i would a rack full of evergreen plastic stock. It's raw matierial that I can use to turn into what I want.

Dwayne,

Nobody says you have to buy it!

Well then every resin caster In the Business will be affected By that..

Except for a few that are ones that I will Buy from, frm Now On..

If let them lower the bar when other reach for better , then we say its Ok and still pay a quality Price for Sub-standard standards.

Dwayne

You say you wouldn't want a flawed offereing. where do you draw the line? when Amt released it's 62 belair it was flawed, when Revell released their 69 Camaro it was flawed, these are a couple of really nice models that while flawed, still built up really nice on the shelf. I don't seek perfection, I look at any model kit resin or otherwise, as i would a rack full of evergreen plastic stock. It's raw matierial that I can use to turn into what I want.

Darin... well there is always going to be the exception.. But Now fewer and fewer.

I had Bought the AAr Cuda and Opened the Box.. and that was flawed so i put it back In the Box.. and eventually sold it.

Guess it will be scracthbuilding more and More for me and take Longer to get the build I want..

Dwayne

Sorry Dwayne, but your last message to me didn't make much sense. What was it you’re trying to say?

Oh, and forum rules require you to put your name, first and last, in the signature text box found in the Profile section of this forum.

As for poor items being sold from disreputable companies... most of the time the market takes care of them and forums like this only speed up the information dispersion.

Ciao!

Well now, I'll take into consideration that it's Friday the 13th ,

how silly of me to think that this Non Sense would end

I'd have a better chance of my Wish for * World Peace *

(or peace in Our Hobby at least)

I've REALLY been trying to take the High Road here, however none of this is related to business, It's turned into (attempts at) a Personal Attack against me What I was wearing, where I've been, who I've dated ,,,,,

Jeeesh, I was awaiting the outcome of the Anna Nicole's Baby DNA test, as I mighta been accused of being the Babies Daddy

In the past few years there has been way to much Finger pointing

He said, she said, honestly ..........

If anyone didn't know any better & didn't realize these posts were Modeling Related >You'd all come across sounding like that High School girl who got Stood Up on Senior Prom Night !

Mr. Jim Kampman

#1 > Welcome to the Ring !

{ Actually surprised you took sooo long }

#2 > Interesting how you "sign off" w/ Good Stuff Inc.

Is "Good Stuff" now an ongoing concern?

It reeks of : "The Artist formerly know as PRINCE !"

Then you contradict yourself stating the reason you got out of this business was because of Guy's Like Me

To the best of my knowledge & EVERYONE else in this Hobby,

you made a Public announcement over 6 years ago that you had Closed you Doors for Business

So which is it, are you Jim Kampman formerly know as Good Stuff Inc.

When I sit back & think about it, your whole Post is a Contradiction in it's self

Besides being BS, your self centered (ego) need to "be heard" ......

You could have been building Models !

#3 > Did you ever return the Masters to the Individuals who made a contribution (sent masters) to Good Stuff , upon your announcement that you were closing those door for business ?

I know a few who had sent you masters & they have given me their Blessing !

#4 > Joe Curtis of Fremont Racing : ( a very Good Friend of Mine & Up Most Respect for ) Upon Closing his doors has returned many Masters that I created for Fremont to offer the Modeling Public & has also sent me many others to (again) Offer to the Modeling Public to "Pasted the Torch On " *if you will

#5 > Perry's Resin : I at one time worked in conjunction w/ Randy

Allow me to say that I do respect him, as a friend & as a resin caster. His efforts in casting are 1 Rate

However I could no longer wait Months on End to receive Resin Pulls of the Masters that I had sent

As I am also Professional Model Builder, and live at a higher sense of urgency that my Vendor

I had lost $1,000's of dollars w/ returned deposit to my customers, who weren't as understanding & patience as I was (at that time)

A decision was made to Handle Our Resin needs in House ,

I requested that my poured & unpoured master returned ...........

You do not know the facts & they are between Randy & I, not you & the publics ! (if necessary I can provide images of those masters in progress)

#6 Your Comment Rights Owner:

This one got Laughs all over the Model Community ( as my email IN box was FULL ) We all had No Idea that you are the "Right Owner" of Ford, GM, Chrysler etc......

I for one find it hysterical that you "bestowed" your "Oh Mighty Blessing" to some one else. How can you give RIGHTS permission of what you don't have or own ?

{I for one would like to know if you have your hat's custom made ? }

Approx. a year ago, our Attorney's had that same conversation w/ you

Would you like to have it *again ? ( I'm sure He still has your information)

Over 5 years ago, I stated Publicly where these "master" that you accusing me of Cloning ....I can assure countless hours go into our masters, repairing the flaws & making them user friendly from where ever they came !

Everyone who's worked your resin "GOOD STUFF" has invested that same amount of time as I

I did not sliver, squirm, lie.....(as many did) ........... nor did I need to

Didn't "Good Stuff Inc." sell a major Modeling Mfr. components that were, well let's just say "Compiled," from Old MPC, JoHann etc..discontued kits ?

( I'm sure you were the Rights Owner then as well, if not that could be considered Fruad )

Please do not misunderstand that, over 7 years ago, Good Stuff was a welcome pkg. in anyone's Mail Box (when we Finally Received it) & the up to the standards & accepted for those times 15 > 7 years ago

I find it interesting that individuals attempts to castrate me over my efforts 5 years ago, appalling & unacceptable as we're done nothing but improve Light Years ahead of where we were

Not to mention, the most recent Item in question, that was the 1st Model Body I ever cast & have since re molded ( better ) as it's sold so well.

Many a fine modeler has built w/ stelar results

(I've already addressed this)

" Water always seeks it's level "

5 Years ago, word on a few Yahoo! Mes. Brds were that I wouldn't last

(or be successful) & be Out of Business in a year

We are celebrating our 5th year Anniversary this Month & 5 years later these same Yahoo! Message Board is now a Cesspool of discontented non modelers, however "talking lots about building & everthing under the sun , but No Building" ( which BTW are an endangered spieces )

...................Reliable Resin is still dominating the Threads

& word has it that there's even a COUP' ( LOL ) to rid the World of this Tyrant !

However in the Court of Public option I have a 99% w/ 1,000's of adorning, satisfied customers & Great Friends

Time will only tell if my Skins Thick enough to endure another 5

( who wants Odd's ? )

I can only Hope in the next 5 years, we'll have World Peace & everyone has a date for the Prom

The Modeling Community, will all be building Models, Posting Pic's of Completed efforts, sharing Tips & Technique's

All the Computers ( PC's ) of Non Builders, Cluttering up those Mes Brds w/ Non Sense, will all "Self Distruct"

as their Computers will have had it w/ the Non Sense as well !

Oh Yeah...................we'll find out that Elvis was abducted by Aliens & returned in cira 1962 condition

Radio Stations play Only Rock & Roll/ R&B / Motown instead of Rap .......Gas Prices are $.99 a Gallon

One can Wish , can I one ................... !

Truth is it's not a prefect world nor will ever be

There's is one thread the binds us all here ....... That's Building Models

Let's at least TRY TO GET ALONG as we all LOVE THIS HOBBY

& there's enough Hate in this world to go around, seriously ........... lets try ...really Try,

To keep it out of the Hobby........... We Love Soooo Much

What would you pay to feel they way it once was?

When we all were Kids , spending our allowance on 2 kits & Paint & Built all wkd long

PIF guys !

Let's not Point Our Fingers at one & Other anymore

Suggestion :

Take that Finger & the Other four on that Hand, then take that other Hand

Grab a Kit & Build IT

When I think of all the time, I now that I wasted w/ Hate on Mes Brds Etc..........

& If I invested that time developing product, pouring resin, fulfilling orders

I might get in some Modeling Time

Keep our hands on the Bench, building Models

"Modeling is Meditation, not Masturbation "

I'm Don Theune

& I do approve this meassge

I am not Ruler of the free world

But, I did sleep at a Holiday Inn Express last night !

:D

BTW ..................... I did write this , I know where the Spell Ck Key is

* Marc , thank you for posting that 63 Vette , it made a Statment !

As for poor items being sold from disreputable companies... most of the time the market takes care of them and forums like this only speed up the information dispersion.

Ciao!

I've tried during this thread to gain some perspective from both sides of the argument, and over the last few days this is what I've come up with;

1. There seems to be a total of about 6 People who have a beef with Don Thune / Reliable resins who are waging a campain to put him out of business. Outside of SLM and this thread there is almost no mention of dissatisfaction with reliable resins, or even mentions of the auctions on any of the other boards.

2. out side of those few people there are are some more who feel Don has copied their, or someone elses work It's possible he has but as yet i haven't seen difinitive proof of it other than a cople of photos that show similar, but different bodies. Verdict - inconclusive.

3. A still larger group think Don Thune is a jerk. Well there are people who think I'm a jerk too, not even counting ex-girlfriends. Having spoken to him a few times I can say his demeanor can be gruff. Verdict - Yeah he's probably offended some people but who hasn't? Don might need to tone down his attitude when talking with customers.

4. Two auctions featuring years old resin bodies contend that Don is making ######. The comet was rough, the dragster IMHO didn't look that bad, still two year old bodies don't nessesarily reflect the quality of his current offerings. Verdict - inconclusive Until I see a current sample myself.

5. Reliable Resin's ebay name Gott De Mottz has excellent feed back that despite what some contend is left out of fear, is too glowing to be coearced. If you aren't happy with something but but don't want to neg. them you say things like " got it in a timely fashion" or "everything was ok", not "Great product, Excellent packaging, Fast shipping, Highly recommended. AAAAA++++" or "Received item today! Great communication, great stuff! Packaging great! AAAA+" Verdict - The vast majority of his customers don't seem to have a problem with him.

6. when I visited SLM for the first time tonight one of the first threads I came accross involved further planning of other "auctions" and the bad mouthing of a fellow modeler from this board, Someone who I consider a friend, and who's modeling skills, opinions, and actions I've grown to respect over a number of years. The tone of the comments, the name calling, and the plotting I saw coupled with all the other evidence i've gathered leads me to believe that this is a case of sour grapes, nothing more. Verdict - You guys should go back to building models, stop posting spam auctions, Forget about Reliable Resin, and get on with your lives.