Model Cars Magazine Forum

Aftermarket body parts question!

I've looked around some custom aftermarket part sites I've seen people post on here, but haven't been able to find that I'm looking for.

Is there a company (or person) who casts custom body panels like window louvers, side skirts, and racing bumpers? I have some cool ideas if I'm able to find any and include them in a build I'm planning on doing.

Edited by thesnake87

Window louvers? Never heard that before... But if they are normal louvers, like in Hot Rod, you can find for example hood parts (sides and the top) for a HotRod. They can be used to any other of course with some cutting and gluing. Side skirts, you mean like fender skirts, or something other thing? Or do you mean like those little pieces on the side of the car, what they use in tuning cars, which make the car look lower than it really is? I bet that someone makes them, but if not, they can be built from styrene sheet.

Yep scratch built it is!!....go to the "on the bench" section,and look at my camaro Z/28 police car rs.i made some rear window things for that.i also have some kit one's from the old revell chevy van and trailer with buggy.that went onto the back doors,these could be made to fit side windows?......if you want them pm me,and I'll post you some pics.

Rich

We USED to have a gentleman who WAS casting these types of kits. He had front and rear bumpers, AND ground effects kits for tuners. He was out of Cali, and he USED to post here. But I haven't seen him in over a year. If anybody knows who I'm talking about, or remembers him, maybe they can get him to post again. He was a real nice guy, it seemed. VERY good at makeing these parts.:D :D ;)

Man if he only was still posting here... that would have been soooo helpful in this. Lol I'll see about scratch making some of it then. For what I want, it doesn't seem too bad, so I'm up for it.

Thanks for the tips though guys. If you have any more "leads" it would be much appreciated!

Edited by thesnake87

Jake, I don't know if this will help you or not, but you could parts from these kits for your window louvers.

HPIM3046.jpg

HPIM3045.jpg

The 67 can supply you with the side window louvers, and to me it looks like they would not need much modification to fit a newer Mustang body. Here they are held up to the window opening of my Revell 07 Shelby GT500 body.

HPIM3048.jpg

The 70 Mach 1, and also the 70 Boss 429 kit, could give you a base to start with for the rear window louver, since it would need widened and probably slightly curved to fit the newer rear window.

HPIM3047.jpg

I hope that helps.

Yeah I just found an eBay seller that has a good price on the 06' Mustang front fender "spoiler." I may get one because since the Shelby has the same front bumper, I'm sure it would fit. Even if it didn't, I'm sure there would be minimal work to be done.

EDIT: WOOO finally found what I'm looking for!

http://cgi.ebay.com/1-24-GT-Wings-C-1350mm-resin-parts-tamiya-hasegawa-/250820146796?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a660bb66c#ht_729wt_754

Gonna talk with my mom and see if she'll be willing to help me purchase some of this stuff. Then I'll be able to get my kit done before you know it.

If any of you guys still happen to have better links or comments, it would be much appreciated. It will help for future builds also :lol:

Edited by thesnake87