Model Cars Magazine Forum

69 Daytona Pro Mod 1/16th scale updated 4/3/12 ..It's a wrap!

I'll make you some hats that are 4mm deeper next week.

Hey Thx Jim Thats really nice of you! Now thats what I call excellent customer service.

I was able to make the window net. First I had to make a jig so it would be stright heres what I came up with.

windownet001.jpg

windownet002.jpg

hope you enjoyed ....

Rommel, Are you sure those Brake / hub assemblies are correct? While doing research for my own build, i found these pics:

h1180.jpg

rearshot.jpg

Which Clearly show the Rotor bolted to the "ring" behind the Hub, not in front of it.

I know you said that they wouldn't be seen when final assembled, but I know how you are a stickler for details....

When I first saw this, I thought it was a bench grinder!

Rommel, Are you sure those Brake / hub assemblies are correct? While doing research for my own build, i found these pics:

h1180.jpg

rearshot.jpg

Which Clearly show the Rotor bolted to the "ring" behind the Hub, not in front of it.

I know you said that they wouldn't be seen when final assembled, but I know how you are a stickler for details....

Okay I have to figure out hot to mill these calipers. That would complete the wheels and brake rotors. Any ides or help Rom or Chris.

Romell, have you been playing or reading or searching for forums on how to use your new mill? Are you starting from day 1 to learn as you go?

Ive been doing alot with my mill , mostly making 1:1 parts for my Hot Rod, as of right now though I dont have a workshop set up since the move.

Hey Fellas I made my drive shaft today with a little hep from some TDR/Shapeways parts heres the run down.....

first I drilled out the end of the lenco Tranny to accept the shaft end

driveshaft001.jpg

the TDR/ Shapeways parts put together

driveshaft002.jpg

driveshaft009.jpg

Here the brass tube is fitted, and I didnt have to grind the joint ends down like I exspected too....

driveshaft005.jpg

everything has been painted .....

driveshaft011.jpg

I made the shaft so that it can telescope for installation purposes....

driveshaft012.jpg

I hope you enjoyed.... B)

Rom... Man you are doing a wonderful job with all of this and you are killing this build. Keep up the awesome work. All of your hard efforts are sure showing with this build. You have some skills man!!

Hey Jim... would it help you if I created a drawing for the calipers for you?? I could also send you the 3D model too. I should have extra time on my hands here really soon. I could probably design it so the caliper in is 2 pieces and the halves could be done basically the same with a couple of small details different. Let me know what I can do to help.

Rom, since I've been gone for awhile & in coming back I noticed that you haven't painted the body yet, are you still going with the original paint scheme or have you changed it?

I still plan on the original paint plan ,....but who knows? Alot of things have changed and they are ever changing. We'll see what happens. B)

Guest Dr. Odyssey

57,000.......unbelievable! that's a whole lota views!

Its not how many times you swing the bat that counts, its how many times you actually hit the ball. - Albert Pujols

Its not how many times you swing the bat that counts, its how many times you actually hit the ball. - Albert Pujols

AMEN to that!!

I just thought I'd share what I just purchased for my next project (which will start promptly after this one is finished) enjoy , oh and check out there site they have some nice stuff for our type of builds. https://sites.google.com/site/tdrinnovations/c-1-16-model-car-kits/1-16-body-shop/1-16-dragracing/69-pro-mod-camaro-body

AMEN to that!!

I just thought I'd share what I just purchased for my next project (which will start promptly after this one is finished) enjoy , oh and check out there site they have some nice stuff for our type of builds. https://sites.google...mod-camaro-body

Ok ROM, if you are going to go whole hog on that baby..... I will be looking for you to step it up into Over Drive for this next build! LOL... if that is even possible, you do some pretty amazing stuff. Especially with this new venture of yours into Brass. I read you have a Mill... you need to break that out and start cutting some scale stuff on it! Not just 1:1 stuff. :D

I have been thinking about biting the bullet and getting a Sherline Mill and using Dave's tried and true technique on wheels. Maybe with the Camaro, I might have to spend some extra moohlaahh and get me one.

Hey Rom, when are you going to get back to that wrecker that you was building before? That was looking good.

I read today over in the General Section, he is getting out from under that project and moving on... Probably because he just plopped down some cash on his new 69 camaro project. :D It is a sad day for sure, because just the couple of pages that I was reading up on it, ROM was doing some killer work on it to look like the newer Kenworth like in the TV series Wrecked for O'Hare Towing.